X

Most powerful, non-wheelie bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesS
    New, production. Um, most powerful I guess in terms of raw hp/top speed.
    Can't be wheelied with a wide open throttle without gear/bodyweight manipulation.
    I honestly have no idea.
    If I had to take a swag, I'd guess the BMW K1200RS or maybe even the K1200S (at 175mph).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks Cyber!

Comment

I had to jump in here. I owned a vmax and no it is not a wheelie bike. Can you wheelie on it....well kind of. If you crack it wide open in most cases the back end just spins. Accidental wheelie's on this bike is not the norm. You need to really know what you are doing to even think about getting the front end up higher than 4 -6".

Steve

Comment

i have seen a gixxer with a 6in extend swingarm doing wheelies

Comment

Tell him to check out a VTX1800. Will do 140 but is so heavy the front end just stays down.

Comment

sportbike...

Comment

Originally posted by lopeha
                Tell him to check out a VTX1800. Will do 140 but is so heavy the front end just stays down.
                Good point Andy. James, is your friend looking for a sportbike or is he open to other types like cruisers or standards ? The VTX 1300 and 1800 are definately pretty fast, a former coworker of mine has the 1300 and just loves the thing to death.

Comment

What was the name of that concept bike Dodge made with a Viper V10 8liter motor in it making 600hp? I think it was the Tomahawk or something? Thats my vote! :P

Comment

He said standard production bike.

For torque, the BossHog would probably win, but it wouldn't have top-speed victory.
                    For raw HP, the turbine-based bikes would win, but I hesistate to call them standard production bikes given that they are built-to-order and $100k each.

With a bit of cheap-tweaking, you could maximize any injected bike (max output sans wheelies) and just start out with the most powerful thing out there...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Standard as in unmodified sportbike.

Comment

My boss at work says his rc51 is not too bad. He also has a gixxer 1k. He says the gixxer comes up TONS easier. I guess the engine being farther forward on the rc51 makes it harder to wheelie? Beats me though.

Comment

Boss Hoss.
                          I DARE someone to wheelie one
                          oh, sportbike
                          my 1989 Kat 600 doesn't want to come up and is still quick
                          Live and Lean.
                          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                          Romans 3:23

Comment

Working...
                          X