X

The Katana curse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Katana curse

I've had this bike for about 5 months now and have had terrible luck with it. Just when I thought my luck was turning around I get a flat tire.

Less than 1000kms Michelin pilot road 2. $200 right out the window. I loved that rear tire. Man, I was so frigging angry I punched it in all its deflated glory. My neighbours must have thought I was crazy.

I guess I can count my lucky stars it went flat in the driveway rather than on the road at 110. Still though, with everything else I've been thru with this bike this had to happen near the end of the season. I don't know if me and motorcycles were meant to be together.
    -Brandon

Welcome to the world of motorcycle ownership.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

you should change your user name to badwithKatanas

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        you should change your user name to badwithKatanas
        Hahahahahaha but I'm actually good with computers! (IT guy by day) I don't know what it is about this bike but I am always thinking "what's next?" Rather than enjoying it.
        -Brandon

Comment

please don't say that *knocks on wood* my chain broke off as i was riding to work one day and luckly, it only took out the rear fairing and some of the sub frame in the back. no major damage to the engine and swing arm. just some cosmetics. but man its scary. becareful with clip on chains.

Comment

Find the leak, then plug it.
            Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
              Find the leak, then plug it.
              What he said!
              Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I didn't think you were supposed to plug a leak in a bike tire?!?!??!

I found the leak immediately, it looks like it was a puncture from possibly a piece of rusty metal from my stupid Jeep.
                -Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by badwithcomputer View Post
                  I didn't think you were supposed to plug a leak in a bike tire?!?!??!

I found the leak immediately, it looks like it was a puncture from possibly a piece of rusty metal from my stupid Jeep.
                  Yea you can plug it. It will never be 100% like a new tire but if the hole is small enough and you use a good plug kit you will be fine.

Comment

i'll post a pic

so should i put a plug in it AND a patch on the inside? I have plugged a tire before with the rubbery tar cord stuff and it worked well in my Ford Ranger. Is there anything special for bikes i should do?

Last edited by badwithcomputer; 08-30-2012, 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    -Brandon

Comment

The Tar cords should works and still hold up. But i think there and internal plug type things that work better.

[ame="http://compare.ebay.com/like/110334780170?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar"]Roadmedic Professional Grade Radial Tire Plug kit on eBay![/ame]

I use one of these type things for road trips

Comment

Here is a link to another tread that has a number of solutions for you: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127280

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
                          Here is a link to another tread that has a number of solutions for you: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127280
                          Extra life.

Comment

This is the second pilot I've seen recently with a crack in the center tread like that... now I'm starting to wonder if maybe there was actually a bad batch of tires out there.

And you want a patch/plug installed from the inside

Last edited by steves; 08-30-2012, 08:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks SuperBike! I didn't know you could buy a plug patch combo!
                              -Brandon

Comment

Working...
                              X