X

My Suzuki dilemma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Suzuki dilemma

ok, so after a few short months i've decided that my post kat is more trouble than what its worth. So i went looking for a suitable replacement. i found a used 2009 ninja 650R with 1800 miles for $4500 then a 2006 SV650 with 3800 miles for 3999. both are in real nice condition but the sv needs a new rear tire as the one is basically flat in the middle (burnouts?) dealer said hed throw a new tire on. ive read countless articles about the SV and how its an awesome bike but my bro's saying thats too much for that year ect, i really like both choices but in a quandary.

This article might help you decide.
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

I would take the sv if the price came down, the 650r is a fun little bike for tooling around on but the sv feels much more sporty.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

thanks, i already read that article as well as most other reviews. i agree that the sv is quite a good bike. and my brother said the same.. thats way too much for that bike and should of had the tire replaced before it even made it to the showroom floor. blue book shows 3495 retail in excellent condition and they were asking 5100 , guy came back with 3999 without me even haggling. hey, ill even throw in a new rear tire he says. im kinda leaning towards the 09 kaw due to lower mileage and lack of sings of abuse

Comment

Working...
        X