No announcement yet.
X

Katana 600 beginner friendly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for some reason im afraid of the 750 just cause it says 750 and when i hear that i think of a Gixxer for some reason

Comment

Is $1800 for an '88 with 30k a decent deal? This will be my everyday bike for riding to work.

Comment

Originally posted by racercosmo
        Is $1800 for an '88 with 30k a decent deal? This will be my everyday bike for riding to work.
        Without knowing its history, that's a tough call... I'm probably a 'no.'
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi_town_Rydah
          for some reason im afraid of the 750 just cause it says 750 and when i hear that i think of a Gixxer for some reason
          Dont be afraid of the Katana 750, I mean YES I can haul a@$ when you want it to but it is a great bike to learn on. Trust me, after a few thousand miles on a 600 you will wish you got the 750. I bought the 750 about 6 months ago, and about another year or so I will thinking about getting a Gixxer 750.

Comment

Originally posted by mike75
            Dont be afraid of the Katana 750, I mean YES I can haul a@$ when you want it to but it is a great bike to learn on. Trust me, after a few thousand miles on a 600 you will wish you got the 750. I bought the 750 about 6 months ago, and about another year or so I will thinking about getting a Gixxer 750.
            Like I said, 750 was my first bike. I was told before if I got a 600, in a few months I would be wishing for the 750.

The 750 has about 15 HP & Torque more than the 600. I haven't rode a 600 to feel the difference, but a lot of Kat riders are happy with their 600s.
            The 750 I could keep forever.. Anything more, I would be getting in trouble.
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Dude, it sounds to me like you’re a level headed rider, and don’t want to make any of the mistakes that people sometimes do; like start out with something they cant handle. I was the same way, just 3 months ago! I did SOOO much research it was ridiculous. And I decided that I didn’t wanna be a typical "squid", so I set my sights on a yzf 600, and the katana 600 ... after searching all around GA for the best deal on either of these bikes ... I happened upon a guy who wanted to get rid of his '98 Kat 750 .... I was a bit weary of a 750 just like you are ... but at the price I got .. I said "what the hey!"

Well it’s been three months now, and I can honestly say that this is one of the best purchases I've ever made!
              Trust me, you will not be overwhelmed.

I’m 30 y/o ... 6"1', and 190lbs ....AND I've never ridden a bike before this.

If you take the MSF course, and you take your time, you will have loads of fun on a Kat 750.

Comment

the bikes are heavy, and that is the only real downside. low speed maneuvers are often hard to learn as it is, and the Katana is not very friendly when it isn't moving, regardless of its engine size. IMO, it is the weight at low speed that will bite you, if anything

i say get whatever you get a deal on; it seems nobody holds onto their first bike long. and definitely plan on dropping it because you probably will. i am not trying to insult your capability, but most of us have dropped our first bikes

+1 on riding a dirt bike around for practice
                1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

I'm 6'6, 315 and I would pimp the 750. The reasoning, there is room for growth a little more than the 600. Plus, just sheer mass. There is no other way to put it. Smaller engine bikes are effected by weight more.

the bikes are heavy, and that is the only real downside. low speed maneuvers are often hard to learn as it is, and the Katana is not very friendly when it isn't moving, regardless of its engine size. IMO, it is the weight at low speed that will bite you, if anything
                  I would share that opinion if we were talking about a female. We are talking about a pretty fair size dude, though. I think if he takes it easy, he'll do just fine. The key is learning to manipulate the controls enabling you to control the bike effectively and safely. If you drop it of course you have to pick it up, that's not the norm though.
                  The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Hi i just bought a 01 katana a my first bike and i love it.im 5'11 240 lbs suits me fine. But is 1700 a good deal for 26k he's shown new all his receipts for the pass year and thus bike has been babied.

Comment

time stamp fail.

Comment

Working...
                      X