X

Western Idaho Desert

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Idaho Desert

I took the day off from work and took a trip through the Arco Desert in eastern Idaho. This was one of the longest trips I've taken since I bought the bike, and it was awesome. Here are some pics...
    I don't want to say we're rednecks around these parts, but who else steals the wheels off a mini-van, putting it on blocks?
    The Arco desert is home to the Idaho National Laboratory. Back in the day they did a lot with nuclear power and reactors. The first nuclear reactor to produce power for a city was at this location. They also made reactors for nuclear subs, and actually tried to make a nuclear power plane.
    Welcome to Arco...
    Outside of Arco, there is a national monument or preserve called Craters of the Moon, a big lava flow.
    Here are a couple of pics on the edge of Craters.
    A lot of lava rocks.
    I met these two Harley dudes just outside of Arco. I about fainted when one of these dudes told me the Kat was a good looking bike. Most of the Harley guys in the city I live in treat my bike like a toy and look down on it. These guys were from Oregon on their way to Yellowstone.
    And finally, I stopped in Idaho Falls. The green belt here is awesome!
    Last edited by IdahoKoolKat; 07-24-2010, 10:13 AM.
    It's all good! It's goody good!

nice pics
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
    X