X

finally got it started..but

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got it started..but

ok so i finally got my kat started after weeks of tinkering and stuff.
    to make a long story short it fires up with full choke the moment i try easing off the choke she wants to die also she is idleing all crazy goes up to 4000 then drops back down to about 1500 i was also a lil daring and tried to kick it into 1st w/ no luck the moment i did that it clunked and died. also noticed i have to pull the clutch all the way in to get her fired up :S is this gonna be normal?
    any help would be much apreciated also if there is anyone locally that could help that would be awesome (90501) so. cali.
    Racing a honda is like racing in the special olympics even if you win your still "special"

Re: finally got it started..but

Originally posted by 95kat600
    ok so i finally got my kat started after weeks of tinkering and stuff.
    to make a long story short it fires up with full choke the moment i try easing off the choke she wants to die also she is idleing all crazy goes up to 4000 then drops back down to about 1500 i was also a lil daring and tried to kick it into 1st w/ no luck the moment i did that it clunked and died. also noticed i have to pull the clutch all the way in to get her fired up :S is this gonna be normal?
    any help would be much apreciated also if there is anyone locally that could help that would be awesome (90501) so. cali.
    i always have to pull the clutch to start... try setting it to prime for a few seconds then start it full choke for a few seconds then half choke. then no choke and work the throttle to keep it going?
    03 katanika

Comment

try to sync the carbs they might be out of wack my GF are and from what i was told thats the problem hers has a simalir problem to yours
      with every gain there must be a lost

Comment

got off the phone w/ one of the local shops they said it could also be the pilot jets still dont know why the bike wants to die when i put it in gear
        Racing a honda is like racing in the special olympics even if you win your still "special"

Comment

start with the easy stuff first though lol, adjust the clutch cable?
          03 katanika

Comment

Yeah , I'd say it sounds like a classic case of dirty pilot circuit , too . Compounded with OTHER possible issues .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

What year? My '98 dies when I put it into gear if the kickstand is down.

What's the condition of the battery? I've seen shot batteries cause the erratic idle.

Comment

Working...
              X