New Front Sprocket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Front Sprocket

Hey guys,
    just threw on the front sprocket of 14t to my 05 600. everyone says that this is the cheapest most effective mod. Well im not really feeling it, maybe im just numb to the change but im gonna keep a report on here since noone really has a full "review" on the one down for the 05 600's so here is the place to see how it works . thanks for all your help guys, ill keep ya posted.

cheers,
    brandon

When I went down to -1 on my 2000 750, I barely noticed a difference too. I would start pushing it a lot though. The worst thing that happened with that was that my mileage was all off. The odometer was not accurate. So I went back to stock.
    2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Well, I put my 13-tooth sprocket (down 2 from the stock 15) on tonight. Tomorrow will tell if its worth it, or time to go back to the stock one. Hope it makes a difference!!
      RUN WITH IT!!

W.F.O.......The only way to go!!!

'06 600 Katana

Comment

Did you put a -2 on a 750? I am about to purchase a whole chain and sprocket set. Havent made my mind up about what sprocket configuration I am gonna use. I'd be interested to know how it turns out for you.
        2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

Comment

Its an '06 600. Only other engine mods are a K&N air filter, and synthetic oil. Will let you know how it turns out!!!
          RUN WITH IT!!

'06 600 Katana

Comment

I never noticed a hhuge power going when I did mine way back when , but I DID notcie that first gear went by alot quicker .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

+1
              2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

Comment

well after riding for a couple days and a couple hundred miles ive noticed its nothing ur gonna notice and be like WOW. but there are a lot of little spots were you normal would have to wait for the engine to "wind" it self up that it is not so hesistant, but ive payed a little more attention and it is a "considerable" notice coming out of corners and what not and for 22 bucks i think it is a mod well worth the investment, and plus it was fun putting it on have fun all hope this helps someone out there

Comment

I had the same feeling when I put in a 14 tooth sprocket. I only went back to stock cause it was showing a lot more mileage than it actually was. And I am one of those people who obsesses about how much gas mileage I made on every tank fill. I guess a 13 tooth may be a considerable difference.
                  2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

Comment

Just got back from trying out my 13 tooth front sprocket, and I have to say..........I don't like it. The engine revs high way too fast. The extra acceleration it gives you is not worth the high RPM's. Not to me anyways After it cools down, going back to stock. Anyone wanna buy a 13 tooth sprocket
                    RUN WITH IT!!

'06 600 Katana

Comment

Working...
                    X