Clutch issue ! Plz help !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch issue ! Plz help !!!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by SUPA-FLY-KAT; 07-19-2013, 11:43 PM.
    (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

It sounds like something came loose, it needs adjusted. Download the manual and follow the clutch adjustment. A bad clutch won't prevent it from starting, check your clutch safety switch, make sure it's in the "run" position also.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

ok, your bike has 5500 mi on it and you changed the clutch at 4000mi. why? there shouldn't have been much if any wear on it. I would do a cable check then a clutch adjustment first, then go from there. what specific oil did you use?
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
        It sounds like something came loose, it needs adjusted. Download the manual and follow the clutch adjustment. A bad clutch won't prevent it from starting, check your clutch safety switch, make sure it's in the "run" position also.
        ok, ty, where is the clutch safety switch?

Comment

on the clutch lever
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            ok, your bike has 5500 mi on it and you changed the clutch at 4000mi. why? there shouldn't have been much if any wear on it. I would do a cable check then a clutch adjustment first, then go from there. what specific oil did you use?
            I don't remember if it was 10-30 or 40 but it was Kawasaki full synthetic for sure. the mechanic shop recommended me to get it.
            Do I adjust the clutch by the lever or is it somewhere else? The major difference is that it has a huge amount of freeplay and its not engaging at all. I check the switch and it was fully connected. I pulled on the cable and it didn't seem to come loose.
            TY very much for advice
            Last edited by SUPA-FLY-KAT; 06-17-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

check my signature for a manual, pull the front sprocket cover and inspect the mechanism for proper movement, be careful there are ball bearings in the mechanism. and check the rod also.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Make sure you pull off the sprocket cover to verify no issues/damage.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

DOES ANYONE HAVE A VIDEO LINK OR DETAIL GUIDE HOW TO adjust the clutch by the sprocket, adjust the cable on top of the sprocket cover AND at the lever ? I read the manual and am confused which way to turn things and in what order.
                  thanksss aloot in advance guys ...safe riding

Comment

Righty tighty lefty loosey! I feel the same, why did you do the clutches at 4,000 miles? Why are you trying to put clutches in if you can't adjust the cable? just sayin'
                    No offense though
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                      Righty tighty lefty loosey! I feel the same, why did you do the clutches at 4,000 miles? Why are you trying to put clutches in if you can't adjust the cable? just sayin'
                      No offense though
                      The clutch went and I was stranded, had it towed to mechanic, and he replaced the clutch for me.... now im having this problem 1500 miles later. I realized it happens when the bike gets hot. Bike starts up now, but the lever has a lot of freeplay and I can not shift.

Comment

Take a picture of the lever and perch to show the free play, please?

Makes me wonder if the clutch was that bad, what condition was the cable and how free does the lever move? I am thinking the cable is busted at this point.
                        Last edited by ThAzKat; 07-02-2013, 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                        X