X

Lowered the Kat this week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered the Kat this week

I finally got around to lowering my 06 Katana 600 this weekend. 4 Inches to be exact. I feel like I am riding on a low rider now!. Here are a few pics

Now I do not have to stand tippy toed no more!

and from the front

i did not even touch the front forks. just added lowering links
    Last edited by giftedwon; 05-08-2008, 08:28 PM.

4 inches... how short are you? i like the way it sits but you got to let us know if you like the way it handles with the 4" drop.
    92 GSXF750
    83 nighthawk

Comment

im 5'7" it handles great. i took it home on the highway after getting work done on it and did not have any problems. the only thing that scared me is the center stand it like 3 inches off the ground. but i made some sharp turns without it touching.

Comment

I would be worried about the top of the wheel grinding against the bottom of the fender when the shock compresses (besides rider sitting on the bike)
        Either one will fail. How much Clearance is between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender. I am curious

Comment

I'm also concerned about the fender and tire meeting. I'm not sure the geometry of the bike is meant for that.

I'd get a couple big guys to slowly sit on the bike to check for clearances.

The fender and the chain. Make sure that isn't getting too tight when suspension compresses.

Comment

there is tons of room. the links say that it drops 4 inches much now i am thinking it might not be that much. i am 145 pounds so its no problem. i had my friend whos close to 280 ride it and it was fine for him as well. i will try to get some video of myself riding it this week.

Comment

were did you getyour links. and what brand are they. and do you think you could put a 175 lb chick on the back with out bottoming out.

Comment

Seems too low for safety/confort...
                Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                I am fond of my rough edges.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd bring the forks through the triples at least one inch if I were you. Not only will it get rid of that 'squatty' look, it will get some of the proper geometry back into the frame.

p.s.- I know from experience. Get the front end down and you'll be much happier with it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                    I'd bring the forks through the triples at least one inch if I were you. Not only will it get rid of that 'squatty' look, it will get some of the proper geometry back into the frame.

p.s.- I know from experience. Get the front end down and you'll be much happier with it.
                    The bike doesn't like right, too much swat in the rear. I guess becuz I have my bike lower Front 1 1/2" and rear 2" I can pick out these things. But the 4" drop does look good. Do you cut the kickstand???
                    sigpic
                    Update Jul 11 2014
                    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by johna600 View Post
                      were did you getyour links. and what brand are they. and do you think you could put a 175 lb chick on the back with out bottoming out.
                      175# That's a big chick!

I'd be worried about the wheel hitting the tail wen you go over bumps at higher speed...sounds dangerous.

Just as an aside, how does it handle since its that much lower?
                      -
                      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

it was a joke but yeah would be funny

Comment

do you have any good side shots of it
                          sigpic

Comment

four inches thats alot be safe
                            sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

it looks good. I'm hoping to get mine down about 1 1/2 or 2 by august or so, dont know about the front. Have fun and be safe!!

Was it difficult to do yourself?
                              Godspeed
                              CSBA #1167
                              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X