X

Are there exhausts for the 05's yet??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there exhausts for the 05's yet??

The only real mod I want to do for my 05 600 is to add an exhaust (slip-on for now). Does any place have them out yet? Searched quite a few sites and can't hardly find anything for an 04 or 05.
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

no change for 05...anything from 98 will fit my friend...do yourself a favour...get a Hindle

as for other mods...just you wait...it will catch up to you....next to do will be to cut the shovel and add the solocowl from Braada

Comment

Originally posted by Range
      no change for 05...anything from 98 will fit my friend...do yourself a favour...get a Hindle

as for other mods...just you wait...it will catch up to you....next to do will be to cut the shovel and add the solocowl from Braada
      Yeah I'm ready to mod but still being new I just want to ride and work on skills before I go crazy. So any slip-on from 98+ will work? Cool. I want something loud to go with the Flows on the stang....
      > Vince <

05 Katana 600
      97 Mustang GT
      95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Vance and Hines SS2R slip-on. You won't be sorry.

Comment

if you want loud...that would be a D&D...they are the loudest!

Comment

D&D really is the loudest you can get. Vance and Hines will have a nice throaty deep sound. Yoshimura, not so much, but Yoshi has a nice tone. Muzzy's sound awsome, but if you are looking for something loud, with a nice toane, that will scare all teh neighbor kids while not waking them up at 6am, go with a Two Borthers.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Question about the solocowl.. is it easily removable? As in, can I keep it on normally, then pop it off when the gf wants a ride?

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                Question about the solocowl.. is it easily removable? As in, can I keep it on normally, then pop it off when the gf wants a ride?
                yeah. Does anyone have a link to one of these? I hear a lot of people talking about about getting rid of "the shovel". Could you explain a little more for a newb?
                > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                97 Mustang GT
                95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by vdaily89
                  Originally posted by Crackshot
                  yeah. Does anyone have a link to one of these? I hear a lot of people talking about about getting rid of "the shovel". Could you explain a little more for a newb?

www.braada.com for the solocowl (look at the bikes...look hard enough and you can find mine)

and the "shovel" is the rear mudguard...notice how almost every bike has "lost" it...nothing that 10 minutes and a dremmel can't fix....makes a HUGE difference in looks, and adds 5 mph to top speed due too decreased wind resistance

Comment

Check out the pics in my profile. I've been shoveless for sometime now. Most of the people here have had that awful thing ( rear fender ) surgically removed.
                    Lots of folks here have a solo cowl. Look in the galleries and profiles. I just broke down today and ordered one. I'll get it in about a month or so.
                    Use the search option and type in "shovel" or "cowl" and you will pull up all the info you need.

Comment

Another vote for D&D, love that pipe, especially the black satin.

Comment

Cool. Thanks guys. So to get rid of the mudguard you just took a Dremel to it and trimmed out the unnecessary stuff, keeping the stock turn signals and license plate mounting location? Anyone have some good before/after pics showing exactly what you cut out?

Also, where is a good place to get an exhaust at?

Thanks again,
                        Vince
                        > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                        97 Mustang GT
                        95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by vdaily89
                          Anyone have some good before/after pics showing exactly what you cut out?
                          Wow, can't believe I still have these pics...
                          Just after pics... This was before I cut the rest off and used a license plate bracket from Creese...

-Steve

Comment

Steve... is that a Crapadam Tire I see there?!?!?!

For shame not getting rid of that first thing!!!!
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thanks. Looks like you cut out pretty much the whole thing. Those solocowl's look sweet. I assume the one for the 04 will fit my 05. How much does it usually run to paint one? Shouldn't be too bad.
                              > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                              97 Mustang GT
                              95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X