Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How long before vinyl graphics can go on after new paint?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before vinyl graphics can go on after new paint?

As the subject states, how long do I have to wait to apply new vinyl graphics over the top of new freshly applied paint? A day, a week? Any thoughts???

I would wait until the paint is finally cured. But that is my opinion.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I would wait at least 2 weeks.

I don't know if there is any outgassing at the paint cures, but this should be long enough. If there is outgassing and the vinyl is applied early, it will go on okay, but then it will then bubble and fall off.
      fulcrum (aka David)
      Blue 2004 GSX750F
      Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
      If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Yup, what they said. Let it sit and cure. Taht also means no waxing or washing with harsh chemicals!!!!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I am so looking forward to seeing this bike done!!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
            I am so looking forward to seeing this bike done!!
            You and meboth, but apparently the wait will be abit longer

Comment

Yeah, I'd say use the "waxing" rules for stickers. If you can wax it, you can stick it.

Comment

Dumb question (more for the painters) would you wax semi matte paint?

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                  Dumb question (more for the painters) would you wax semi matte paint?
                  I would still wax it to protect it. May not be as matte as you want it for a while, but it will help protect your paint job. Make it easier to get the bugs off too!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

it will loose its patina though....and I would wait at least two weeks...some paint takes a month to fully cure

Comment

Working...
                    X