No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took carbs back off and cleaned them again. put back together and hopefully get them on in the next day or two
    Steve
    94 Katana 600

Comment

• Holy sheet!!!!! if no one has done a fork rebuild yet, all I can say is "DO IT and DO IT NOW". What a difference, it is like a whole new bike
      2002 750 Kat
      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• Try adding in some proper racetech springs now. Even huger bigger awesomer difference.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• With emulators of course.....
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post

Try adding in some proper racetech springs now. Even huger bigger awesomer difference.
            Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            With emulators of course.....
            Done and Done

Guess I should mentioned that, all Racetech ordered from TMOD
            Last edited by dano68; 09-08-2016, 12:38 PM.
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• Back to fighting with the carb removal some more. Can't get that choke cable unhooked. Contemplating just cutting the stupid thing to free the carbs and then replacing the cable during reinstall. I'll sleep on it before I take such a drastic action though.

Comment

• ordered mirror extenders
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• "Installed" my new insurance card and finished removing the carbs. Found a couple extra vacuum hoses, not connected on either end, just laying under the carbs too. I guess I'll have to try and figure out what, if anything, they're supposed to be attached to.

Comment

• Yesterday found issues with the #1 carb slide (installed improperly by whoever did the last rebuild and damaged). Looking over the rest of the top end of the carbs and everything else looks decent. Those fuel lines though... Inner liner was delaminated from the outer layer and the inner layer was also cracked like you wouldn't believe. I'll be replacing those for sure. Also need to go at the bottom end of the carbs as there's a lot of burned gasoline around the gaskets on #1 & 2, with some around #3.

Comment

• This is what I did

Took it on our first group ride (200 miles) and had some folks asking that's a 600? 👍🏼
                      2006 Katana 600

Comment

• I made a video showcasing dumb people while riding my 2000 Katana 600. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNhMIGGbuWo

Comment

• Put new tyres on it. Diablo Rosso 2's. Got a great deal I couldn't refuse. It's not like I'll miss not having Rosso 3's, cos the 2's are far better than anything I've had before anyway!
                          GSX750F 2006

Comment

• Rode suzy to work and then took her out in the city just after rush hour and found all the road construction

Comment

• Put new foot pegs on and tried to put the mirror back on, but it seems I have to go to the hardware store tomorrow to get a rubber cushion to get the thing to hold enough tension to not fall out. This was all after I accidentally hit her with my car trying to put it in reverse...

Comment

• Individual carbs now completely disassembled. Amazing how clean they are, there's really no cleaning to be done. I guess that's from using a little Seafoam over the Winters? However, there's a lot of plastic/seal/gasket type parts that are in horrible shape!

Comment

Working...
                                X