X

Kat Charging System

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat Charging System

Hi everyone! Looking for anyone who may have some input on troubleshooting the DC charging system of an 84 Kat Pop-up.

I think the stator is done. According to the manual, I am supposed to be getting 80VAC or more at 5000RPM. I am getting 50VAC and less.

Any thoughts?

50 VAC on each winding? Do you have the resistance specs on the field and windings?
    All the winding should be the same..

Remember this is two parts. The rotor (single coil) and the stator (three coils).
    So maybe you can just get the one bad part replaced. Even better is that you probably can get it rewound by a starter/alternator shop. I say better as then it is basically brand new..

Comment

The VAC output wasn't consistent between windings. I do have the resistance specs, and the stator tested OK.

I didn't find any troubleshooting info on the rotor in my manual?

Comment

Really?
        I would think at least a resistance spec..

So all the windings were 50 VAC or below?
        I'm suspecting the rotor then..

Comment

ok so you tested continuity across all windings in the stator then tested each to ground right? if you have continuity across all windings and none to ground and your no load ac voltage is weak its the rotor.
          remember ac voltage specs are no load so ensure that stator wires are disconnected.

Comment

hi we can supply new stators for the pop up if needed
            cheers
            jezza'

Comment

Working...
            X