X

What a difference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference

Got my bike back from the shop yesterday and im just excited. Got 2 new tires put on, ivans jet kit installed, the carbs cleaned and synced, my idle adjuster fixed and my choke fixed and the oil changed. Total cost was 412 dollars and the bike is like a new bike. I also highly recomend the ivans jet kit to anyone even remotely thinking about it. Cant wait till the weather gets warmer here so i can ride it everyday now.

Jay
    2000 Kat 600 only mod is the D&D that came with it more to come soon though. Crash virginity lost 11/25/05....the rebuildin comes next HAHA

Careful on them new tires .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'm taking my bike to the shop on Tuesday to get my Ivan's Kit installed. 8) I'm stoked to see what a difference it makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Drache
        I'm taking my bike to the shop on Tuesday to get my Ivan's Kit installed. 8) I'm stoked to see what a difference it makes.

In my opinion taking your bike in and paying someone else to put the Kit in is a waste of money. I just instaled mine this week and will say it was alot easyer than I thought it would be.. If you are interested in doing your own Trink has a great write-up on the jet kit that was vary helpfull to me. http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/katana/trinc/jetkit.htm Thank you Trink for the info..

I would also recomend the Ivan Jet Kit for any 98+Kat, Realy feels like a new bike now. .

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Honestly, I'm not comfortable tearing into my bikes delicate innards to install the kit myself; at least, not yet. I had money set aside for just this process so I don't feel too awful about having it done. Besides, if I mess it up it's all on me. If they mess it up they have to fix it.

Comment

that write up would suggest i use the 120's when before most said i should use at most 116? lol i DO NOT wanna tear em apart n then have to do it again lol if i choose the wrong size

Comment

Originally posted by redkat06
              that write up would suggest i use the 120's when before most said i should use at most 116? lol i DO NOT wanna tear em apart n then have to do it again lol if i choose the wrong size
              Well that kit in the write up is a K&N. With the Ivan Jet Kit they only send the parts you need, so nothing to choose or guess about. Follow thier instructions and you will be fine.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
                Well that kit in the write up is a K&N. With the Ivan Jet Kit they only send the parts you need, so nothing to choose or guess about. Follow thier instructions and you will be fine.
                +1

PS - Fred, glad to hear that you're pleased after the questions about the jet sizing going down :P Told you not to sweat it...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X