X

Blue Magic Headlight Lense Restorer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Magic Headlight Lense Restorer

I just wanted to give credit to a product that actually does work. In this the age of autoparts stores lined with shelves full of snake oil, I'm always skeptical about any product until I can actually try it out. I picked up a bottle of this stuff to freshen up the tail lamp and turn signals on the XJ project, and it seemed to do a pretty good job, though the lamps weren't really that bad to begin with.

So today, since it was really nice out, I popped the garage door open so I could roll the XJ out and do some polishing outside in the sunlight. With the door open, and the garage now more than dimly lit, I remembered that the Katana's tail light was in awful shape. Perfect test for this stuff! So I put a little on a cotton rag and rubbed out a spot to see what it would do...... and here are the results......

All in all, it did exactly what it claims to do. Certainly there are other ways to accomplish this (I could have busted out the polishing wheel and some rouge) but all take more effort than this did.

Strangely, it also works pretty well for polishing chrome...
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

How long does that hold up? I have tried "polishing" up the headlamp covers on my car, but after a few weeks they looked the same as before.

G

Comment

I used the 3M headlight kit on buddies Grand Am
      His healights were is trash condition , they were not perfect when I was done but looked great for a 10 year old car
      It has held up really well

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by goffenator View Post
        How long does that hold up? I have tried "polishing" up the headlamp covers on my car, but after a few weeks they looked the same as before.

G
        Not a clue...... this was today. Since the kat probably won't see the road for at least 3 weeks or so, I probably won't be able to tell you for a while. If it doesn't stay that way I'll use the buffing wheel on it, but I don't see any reason that it would go back to being as bad as it was that fast.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          Not a clue...... this was today. Since the kat probably won't see the road for at least 3 weeks or so, I probably won't be able to tell you for a while. If it doesn't stay that way I'll use the buffing wheel on it, but I don't see any reason that it would go back to being as bad as it was that fast.
          The stuff I used must have just filled in some of the small scratches and not actually buffed them out. I hope to hear that this stuff works out for you.

g

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            if you get it out by easter weekend let me know i will be in milan thurs thru sun visiting my mom. i will be on the kat if it is not raining hit me up and maybe we can ride
            1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Philskat View Post
              if you get it out by easter weekend let me know i will be in milan thurs thru sun visiting my mom. i will be on the kat if it is not raining hit me up and maybe we can ride
              The Kat most certainly won't be on the road by then, but the XJ should be. I'll hit you up as it gets closer to make sure though..... you never know when it comes to projects like this...

Comment

Working...
              X