X

Boots or shoes whats the deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots or shoes whats the deal?

waht are the advatages of having boots versus tennis shoes or even "work boots" like wolverines?
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Looks like you missed this post.

- Sufyan.

Wearing helmets is NOT a civil rights issue - it is a safety issue, period!

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Well I can tell you right now my steel toe work boots that I normaly ride to work in helped out in my crash. You can tell where the steel was tested. There is a chunk of leather missing. The 2003 Joe Rocket Speedmaster Boots I got on Ebay ($140) feel so much better than the steel toes on the bike. They are much lighter and have a lot more protection. I like the shift pads on my Joe Rockets, makes for less wearing. These are the only motorcycle boots I have rode in but on the bike they feel like they belong there. They have a thin sole so its easier to move around on the pegs. If you can, try and score a pair. I like the Icon boots and shoes for a more casual look.
      1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
      2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
      Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by Sufyan
        Looks like you missed this post.

Yeah I just read it.. but it would seem a pair of work boots with steel in the ankle and toes would have worked just as well...

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I can't ride without boots since I got mine. My feet feel naked and very very vulnerable. And they are quick to put on and remarkably comfortable.

The other thing about my boots is that although they were expensive to buy, they are good quality leather and the bits that can be worn/scraped off are easily replaceable. As such they will last a lot longer than work boots would.
          fulcrum (aka David)
          Blue 2004 GSX750F
          Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
          If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

I had a pair of proper riding boots but after a month the soles detached.. So I went bck to my steel toes work boots. I won't wear anything on the bike that doesn't cover my ankles. Feel foolish on the bike the one time I did it.
            Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

its been a month since my crash...my right ankle still a little sore.

I could only imagine what would have happend if I wasn't wearing my Joe Rocket boots.

(I assume from the way I dismounted, I would have wrenched my ankle)

Comment

Nick and I both have Joe Rocket Pheonix, and Atomic shoes, and they have ankle protectors.
                Nothing you'd want to wear with leathers but good for getting out for a ride, and better protection than running shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                  Nick and I both have Joe Rocket Pheonix, and Atomic shoes, and they have ankle protectors.
                  Nothing you'd want to wear with leathers but good for getting out for a ride, and better protection than running shoes.

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog05/c...ct.cfm?pid=451
                  I looked at the JR stuff sicne all my other gear is JR but they only go up to size 12 and I am a 13W... i guess i will need to find a bigger store and try some on.

anyone else im my "shoes" with large wide feet and I am flat footed as well. What do you recommend that can be bought fairly inexpensively. I like my high tops since I can feel the pegs more than with a pair of work boots.

Comment

I rode off-road enough to learn that you don't go out without proper protection.

I wouldn't consider anything that doesn't cover my ankle. That said, I wear workboots all the time, never - ever sneakers.
                    Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

I crashed a couple times with just tennis shoes on , and from what I hear I got lucky . Ankles have a was of twisting in all sorts of intersting ways (ankle support sounds like a good idea...) . When I first started riding with boots (Aplinestars Ridge , I like em) , I couldn't feel the pegs or levers at all it seemed . Now I'm pretty used to it , and it didn't take long . Plus , I got my boots for about the same price my as my last pair of work boots . At the very least , I'd want some kind of ankle support .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Actually I'd forgotten about the feeling issue. The first few times you ride with proper boots you don't think you can feel properly. But it only takes a very short time. Then try using anything else again and it is just weird. You adjust real quick.
                        fulcrum (aka David)
                        Blue 2004 GSX750F
                        Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                        If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

How do you guys think these boots would hold up? I need at least a size 14, and its so hard to find nice looking boots that fit.

Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I WILL NOT RIDE WITHOUT BOOTS! I use Joe Rocket Reactors. Ancle and shin guards. Plus they are much easier to move around on the pegs.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                              How do you guys think these boots would hold up? I need at least a size 14, and its so hard to find nice looking boots that fit.

http://www.tricktape.com/product.asp?3=3518
                              Look a bit like hiking boots and seem very ridgid. The write up sounds good, Teknic stuff isn't too bad and the price is right.

Comment

Working...
                              X