No announcement yet.
X

Triumph Daytona 675

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay and Cycle Trader would probably be the other two I woudl use.
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Thanks

Oh, and its nice to know of another SE in PA. The dealership said they sold two others to people from New Jersey. lol
      Last edited by socc924; 06-16-2009, 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What dealership and where are you located?

I dealt with Martins Motors in Boyerstown and woudl HIGHLY recommend them depending on where you are coming from.

Comment

I'm not sure I am comfortable disclosing that information due to the fact they are selling their last one. J/K lol.

But yea, I live in philly and there is a dealership here. They seem to be a great office. Im not sure about their techs obviously because I haven't dealt with them yet. I would assume that the dealership you went to doesn't have any more SE's. Funny though, cause I am making a trip to Reading today.
          Last edited by socc924; 06-16-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by socc924 View Post
            I'm not sure I am comfortable disclosing that information due to the fact they are selling their last one. J/K lol.

But yea, I live in philly and there is a dealership here. They seem to be a great office. Im not sure about their techs obviously because I haven't dealt with them yet. I would assume that the dealership you went to doesn't have any more SE's. Funny though, cause I am making a trip to Reading today.
            Well there are only so many around here.....lol....

Better get there quick to grab it though. I know on the Triumph boards some are looking or interested out our way.

I bought mine before it hit the floor and the other one sold in 20 minutes of hitting the floor.

Comment

They're beautiful bikes- really, truly great looking. But I went to a dealership in Windber PA and sat on one, it was really bad. It sorta felt like I was sitting ontop of the gastank on the Kat- like if I tapped the brakes too hard it would just eject me forward. I was -juuuust- able to flatfoot and I'm 6' with a 33" inseam. I'd say about 70% of my upper body weight was sitting squarely on my wrists. It'd probably be great (unmodified) if you're just making short little trips- but I wouldn't personally want to ride that bike longer than about 15/20 minutes at a time.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I have been out for a few hours at a time now and paid for it on the wrists. Just slight tweaks to my riding position helped but it definetly gets to me.

I have not had any issues with not being "in" the bike. If anything I am more able to flick it around then I was on my SV. I can not compare it to other SS bike though as I have not riden such.

Comment

It just sucks b/c they're -sexy- bikes.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                  -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Heard the helibars do wonders though. They are on my list....

Comment

Its ok... I got the inside scoop that another dealership in the area is getting one shipped as we speak. Its apparent that I am going to have to act on this.

I just saw the for sale thread on here and what a b*tch. I need 50 posts. Time to post ***** a bit, haha
                      Last edited by socc924; 06-16-2009, 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

meh, the 675 isn't that great....

I would reccomend a Buell instead....

I'M KIDDING!....
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxrUmnyPd_g"]YouTube - Slayer the Katriders Deals Gap Dragon on a 675[/ame]

i could listen to this all day....

675's are the best bang for the buck in the SS class... Kawi's are the same price but every other 600 is more pricey and don't look near as good....

I'm still adjusting to the new headlights they put on the 09's though... Just doesn't look better than the 08's to me yet... (there's still time though... )
                        Last edited by allblackkat; 06-16-2009, 03:41 PM.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I gotta get some HIDS for the lights. A bit too dim for my liking....

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                            675's are the best bang for the buck in the SS class... Kawi's are the same price but every other 600 is more pricey and don't look near as good
                            As much as it hurts me, I'm gonna have to agree. If I had the $ in hand and it was between the 675 and the new 6R, I wouldnt be able to sleep for weeks trying to choose.

That said, I don't think there's a SS out there with looks that can even come close to the Daytona. Each one of them looks like they've been sculpted out of a solid piece of glass. SEX-E.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                              I gotta get some HIDS for the lights. A bit too dim for my liking....
                              if they're anything like the previous model's you almost need to run the Hi-beams at night to see... which I do on my way home from work when I get to ride the wifey's daytona...

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              As much as it hurts me, I'm gonna have to agree. If I had the $ in hand and it was between the 675 and the new 6R, I wouldnt be able to sleep for weeks trying to choose.
                              The dealer where I bought our ZZR sells 09 ZX6r's for $9625 out the door in Texas and $8948 for out of state buyers....

So locally I would probably go for the zx6r if I had to choose and spend the savings on tires and trackdays...
                              Last edited by allblackkat; 06-16-2009, 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Hello, this is your conscience speaking. Buy the 675se. Buy the 675se. Do it now. Do it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X