X

NEW 2009 Yamaha R1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW 2009 Yamaha R1

I was reading an article in MotoUSA Magazine and came across a photo of the new R1. Tell me what you guys think of the new design.

Positives: I think Yamaha did an outstanding job with this one. They gave it more power and more features. The White/Red color scheme is the best out there. The new body fairings look great!!!

Negatives: The license plate holder looks goofy as do the headlights. They look like they belong on a Buell. The circles were simply a bad choice. I would have liked them to keep the older style (That of the '99 or '00.

I forgot to add the pictures. Here they are.

Last edited by STULER; 12-23-2008, 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

I'm terribly partial to the cadmium yellow ...

wait..... isn't that an R1 in your avatar?
    Last edited by allblackkat; 12-23-2008, 08:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I dont care for it..the R6/R1 used to look mean, like a bird of prey..looks goofy now.

IMHO they ruined the one thing that made the R6/R1 so sexy.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Hummmm, I would go for a Canadian black version, like the gold trim.
        Apart from that, I don't like the exhausts too much, nor the license plate holder like you said.
        Every time I see pictures of that bike, it reminds me of a stealth bomber.

Comment

I think there sharp. Dono exactly what else they got going for them, but i think there sharp
          Currently Riding:
          1995 Katana 600
          V&H Exhaust
          Jet Kit

SOLD
          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
          1987 XV700 Bobber
          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

I just need to share something personal....I gotta great big chubby right now.....

WOW THAT THING IS NICE

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Exhaust...bleh. If they wanted an undertail exhuast, they should have put it under the tail. Looks like something you'd see on an off-road bike.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

I like it. Not to happy about the arse, but the rest is pretty sweet.
                sigpic

Comment

LMFAO at the chubby.. nice bikes !

Comment

front flashers look like an afterthought. Perhaps they could have been integrated somehow.
                    2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by chrisx2 View Post
                      front flashers look like an afterthought. Perhaps they could have been integrated somehow.
                      you would think they could finally ditch the old style turn signals already... just more to tape up if you take it to the track...

However, it would be too risky to spend the $ on one of these and chuck it down the road at a track day...

I'm still trying to convince myself that the BUG-eyed projector head lights look cool...

this helps.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uG2PASKepw"]YouTube - NEW 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 Rossi EU commercial[/ame]

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I don't like it. The front and the back of the bike are funny looking. The R1 and R6 were some sweet looking bikes before, they looked mean. Now they have butchered the R1 and next year will probably do the same to the R6.
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd hit it.
                          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Pass.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The headlights kills me, looks cross-eyed to me... I like the old 4 lights configuration much more then the new look.
                              sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

Working...
                              X