No announcement yet.
X

Hayabusa boys come on in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2006 and I love it. It is very comfortable compared to many bikes. I hang out on Busa sites and many folks commute daily on them and ride on them for long trips. They make a touring kit for it with saddle bags and all. I use mine daily in the summer and the track year round. I race mine every friday night. It is powerful but very controllable and smooth. Mine came up (wheelie) in first gear when it was stock until I lowered it. It started coming up again when I changed sprockets. I extended it 5.5' and it was fine until I added exhaust, filter, etc... I strap it down at the track and come out full throttle on the launch and it just barely comes up. Very fun to ride! It makes power everywhere.
    1991 KAT....... Extended swing Arm, Pipe, Shinko slick , strap, 45T, 2-Step, 750cc 7.1@97 1/8th mile
    2006 Hayabusa.........Extended, Strap, lowered, Shinko, Pipe, PC,
    6.1 116mph 1/8th mile

Comment

Ergo's should be very Kat-like at 6 foot tall, but the tank does curve up from the seat far sooner than the Kat tank, and that means if you have any tummy at all, you better enjoy the feeling of the tank against your belly while you ride (or have longer arms than I). Handling also falls into the "very much like a Kat" area in general, except for the incredible ability to go from zero to light-speed in a near heartbeat; the danger in that is that you can easily find yourself outpacing the handling ability of the bike by riding too fast if you're not careful and/or particularly skilled in wrestling a heavy bike through tight curves.
      Lots of upgrades available, lots of tasteless upgrades available too. Be extra cautious when inspecting an used one for hidden damages -- frame damages covered by new fairings, mismatched paint, or non-stock paint schemes are generally a give away.

And, as everyone said - TDRcomm is the person in the know here, with over 80k on Busa's under his belt.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yep, I hit over one hundred mph the first five minutes of purchasing it! I was leaving the dealer with it and trying to be careful and keep the RPMs low for the break in. I was easing on the freeway keeping the rpms down and when I looked down it was over 100mph. The smooth ride and strong low end torque are deceiving!
        1991 KAT....... Extended swing Arm, Pipe, Shinko slick , strap, 45T, 2-Step, 750cc 7.1@97 1/8th mile
        2006 Hayabusa.........Extended, Strap, lowered, Shinko, Pipe, PC,
        6.1 116mph 1/8th mile

Comment

Originally posted by Ft campbell Busa View Post
          Yep, I hit over one hundred mph the first five minutes of purchasing it! I was leaving the dealer with it and trying to be careful and keep the RPMs low for the break in. I was easing on the freeway keeping the rpms down and when I looked down it was over 100mph. The smooth ride and strong low end torque are deceiving!
          It is awesome, isn't it?
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
            The 2006 also had the special edition white color that is the best color of all of them, in my opinon of course.
            I second that!

Didn't think much of it from the pictures, but then I saw one in the showroom. AWESOME.

Comment

My fave color scheme for the Busa is the 2008 blue/gold combination. But I wouldnt kick the white edition out of bed.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                My fave color scheme for the Busa is the 2008 blue/gold combination. But I wouldnt kick the white edition out of bed.
                I love that color scheme too
                2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

I owned a busa for five years and I've ridden a ZX-14 for two and a half. Ergonomically, they are the same. I'm 6'2.

It is often said that they can't turn, which is BS. It can't handle like a 600 sporty, but it's not a Goldwing either. I've ridden with some riders who can really fly on these things. There are a few people from KR that rode with me last year and they can tell you the thing handles well through the twisties.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                    I owned a busa for five years and I've ridden a ZX-14 for two and a half. Ergonomically, they are the same. I'm 6'2.

It is often said that they can't turn, which is BS. It can't handle like a 600 sporty, but it's not a Goldwing either. I've ridden with some riders who can really fly on these things. There are a few people from KR that rode with me last year and they can tell you the thing handles well through the twisties.
                    My 14 handles amazing!!!!
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

So not to change the subject but what about the midgets like me. Any one of the short stature here ride a busa? Not that my insurance will allow me to get a busa anytime soon.
                      "A man who won't die for anything is not fit to live." MLK Jr

Comment

Unless your really short, I don't think you'd have a problem. Keep in mind there are lowering options. I knew a girl that rode a busa and she was only 5'6...
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by xdsnake View Post
                          So not to change the subject but what about the midgets like me. Any one of the short stature here ride a busa? Not that my insurance will allow me to get a busa anytime soon.
                          I know that there are lots of shortening options for the busa, because there are a ton of very short riders of them in our area (very popular bike with the southern-mexican immigrants who ride).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hate to jack the thread, but do you think i would fit onto a busa comfortably. 6,11 260lbs
                            "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

Originally posted by 64dumptruck View Post
                              Hate to jack the thread, but do you think i would fit onto a busa comfortably. 6,11 260lbs
                              6'11"?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

You have to be kidding me...are you a basketball player?
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

nope just a lab manager and a katrider!!!
                                "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

Working...
                                X