X

Injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries

Just wondering what is the worse injuries you have ridden with, weather it was your choice to ride, or you crashed, and had to ride home.

The reason I ask is cuz I cracked a few ribs in a fight last friday, but still went out on a 337 mile trip sunday, and the only time it really hurt was getting on and off the bike. While riding I was fine. I would have to say this is my biggest injury while riding.

After that wreck I had, I wasn't able to ride because I couldn't bend my leg, but I would have ridden home had I been able too.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

I was in a bicycle accident once that was worse (in terms of injuries) than any motorcycle accident that I've ever had -- was wearing running shorts (and nothing else) and toppled sideways at top speed downhill (about 42 mph) onto freshly tarred-in gravel roadbed until I ground to a halt. Roadrash on a lot of my body (one side of the body from the ankle to the shoulder, plus the back/butt/back of thighs, other arm). After laying there in shock for a minute, I got back on the bicycle, went another mile to get home, then collapsed on the terrazo floor...

And WTF were you doing getting into a bar fight?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      And WTF were you doing getting into a bar fight?

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Despite popular beleif, I did not start it... I just ended it. I started bouncing again, and we had a few problems this past weekend. All is good, I am just a little sore is all. Oh, and it hurts to laugh and sneeze a lot
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

louisville slugger!
        2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
        2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
        1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
        1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
        1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

I hit a light pole, that was laying in the grass across a trail, with a dirt bike once, at about 40mph.

Broke my collar bone. Took all summer to heal.
          I was out riding a couple of hours after my return from the hospital.
          "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I have rode with my left wrist in cast before. This was after I wrecked my 94 CBR. When I got my bike back my cast was cut down far enough that I could ride again. I had them make the cast to where my hand would fit the handle bar.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

broke my color bone when I crashed my Kat but I still had my 86 FZ600 so I ended up riding it for the rest of the summer. I now ride alot with only one hand and the other resting on the tank.

Comment

I rode home with a broken thumb after an accident (booby trap ) 60 miles from home . Made it hard to work the clutch . I didn't KNOW it was broken until a month later AFTER tha Gap trip . Rode with a broken toe , too . Kinda hard to stop the bike from falling when you can't put weight on your foot . Yeah , that costed me a mirror and brake lever .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

wasnt really an injury, back when i was rollerblading at the park i slammed pretty hard. hit my right shin on the rail and it swelled up the size of a softball. could hardly walk but had to get on the bike if i wanted to get home. luckly i was on my cruiser and managed to just strech out my leg and let it rest the whole way home, no need for the rear brake.

a friend of mine wrecked his bike and wasnt insured so he had to take off before anyone showed up. he had a broken displaced right forearm he rode with. thought that was impressive cause he was on a big 1970s harley.

another story, when i was at a local shop looking for my pitpull stand, a stunter was in there all messed up. his right arm was in a cast elbow to hand, his leg was in a heavy brace. he was asking for controll relocators so he could keep riding, no idea if he managed or not, prolly killed himself if he did. was his first bike and first week riding he was out stunting and crashed so....
                  03 katanika

Comment

I rode with a screwed up brake lever, broken peg and alot of bruises to both of us
                    Live and Lean.
                    When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                    Romans 3:23

Comment

I ride with a mental disabillity on a daily basis...

Comment

Worst one riding home from. was on a dirtbike. I was up in some orchards and hills about 5 miles from my parents house at the time. Hit a gopher hole and went flying..the bike landed on my leg and messed up my knee and ankle pretty well, strained neck, bad bone bruise on my wrist. Bike had bent handlebars, 1 footpeg snapped off and a busted clutch lever. Wasnt fun thats for sure.

Comment

When I wiped out last year, I just had a banged up knee and that was it. However, I was aching all over because I slammed into the ground hard enough.

The doctor said I must have had a horseshoe up my buttocks because I got off very lightly. The bike had bent pegs and levers so it made riding home difficult.
                          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

hahaha, I lost it on some streetcar tracks after some rocket scientist flushed the road on a nice sunny day. OK it was my fault, I was in control but who would have expected wet steel streetcar tracks on a beautiful summer day.... I digress, I got some road rash and had to ride back to the OFFICE holding my right bar into the tripple tree with no front brakes 'cause the brake lever was snapped off. ... that was my GPz550
                            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Only time I wrecked my Kat, I didn't ride it home..... my friend did. I rode off in an ambulance. I recently broke my hand while out on my bicycle and had to ride home. Not too bad... hurt like heck trying to stop with handbrakes though.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                              X