Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

my new old bike is finally home....pics!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new old bike is finally home....pics!

well after 297.8 miles and 8 hours on the road after numerous stops, the kat is finally home in the shop.
    I took it for a little spin down the street before bringing it inside. not a big one...just enough to get a taste. I will be dismantling it soon. I could license it and ride it like it is....but na!
    got to hunt up an exhaust for it. it is a 4-1 now, but the can is off a honda. sounds pretty good though....really deep.
    For $800, it was a steal. I screwed up when I went to see it the first time and offered $900.....which was accepted right away....and I put a $250 deposit on it to hold it. When I went to get it tonight, I just said that I was missing $100 and $800 was all the wife (I am single) would alow me to spend...so it is $800, or give me back my deposit. They took the &800....hehe. Get them excited thinking it is sold....let them make plans for spending the money when they get it....then gouge them a bit...lol.

this is a pee break. 4 x-large tim horton coffees will do that to ya...

[img][/img]

at home in the shop....

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

That is sweet Mojoe. I love them early Kats. Is that the one with the pop-up headlight or not though, I can't tell from the pic.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I believe the pop-up headlight was the 86 750...no?

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        I believe the pop-up headlight was the 86 750...no?
        I dunno. That would invlove me thinking, and I just got home from work, and am in the process of slamming down beer number 5. Thinking is not a option.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Sweeeeeettt!

But a real man would have drove it home. The long way...

Like through Florida.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Niceeeeeee!
            Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Looks like a fun project.

Bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Nice Mojoe , you will have fun with it, one of the most under rated bikes made, imo.
                Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

did u ever consider streetfightering it? nice bike by the way

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
                    did u ever consider streetfightering it? nice bike by the way
                    yes....but it will be "temp" mods...so it can be converted back to stock easily.

Comment

my friend own one and the thing is a beast. Great find.

Comment

what a steal.nice bike

Comment

So when Are you opening the Suzuki dealership?

Looks good man. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the transformation of this one. She looks pretty damn good for $800.
                            Kyle

Comment

Re: my new old bike is finally home....pics!

Originally posted by Mojoe
                              well after 297.8 miles and 8 hours on the road after numerous stops, the kat is finally home in the shop.
                              I took it for a little spin down the street before bringing it inside. not a big one...just enough to get a taste. I will be dismantling it soon. I could license it and ride it like it is....but na!
                              got to hunt up an exhaust for it. it is a 4-1 now, but the can is off a honda. sounds pretty good though....really deep.
                              For $800, it was a steal. I screwed up when I went to see it the first time and offered $900.....which was accepted right away....and I put a $250 deposit on it to hold it. When I went to get it tonight, I just said that I was missing $100 and $800 was all the wife (I am single) would alow me to spend...so it is $800, or give me back my deposit. They took the &800....hehe. Get them excited thinking it is sold....let them make plans for spending the money when they get it....then gouge them a bit...lol.

this is a pee break. 4 x-large tim horton coffees will do that to ya...

[img][/img]

at home in the shop....

[img][/img]
                              You bastard! You beat me home!!! Just know I will be stewing most jealously for the next couple weeks until I get my 82 Katana home from Arizona.

Seriously, congrats Mojoe...looks like a great starting point. I'm sure you'll make it shine!

Comment

Working...
                              X