X

82 Kat 750 - motor filled with water!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 Kat 750 - motor filled with water!

Since I wanted to start getting rid of the parts I won't be using on the 82 750, I began full on dis-assembly today. I had intended to replace the motor with a B12 I have in the shop since a) it will make the bike more fun and b) I knew from the previous owner that the 750 motor had a hard life and probably wasn't worth rebuilding anyway.

Well, after I removed at the bodywork, electrics, and suspension, I pulled the motor. I figure I'd give it a once over and if it looked "ok" I'd sell it cheap as a rebuilder or parts motor on fleabay. Well, I drained the oil and there was more water in it that oil. Cams were completely rusted and things in general were quite ugly. Decided it's probably not worth putting on ebay Fun Fun!

damn ****ty deal... how did water get in the motor?
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Apparently the previous owner pulled the valve cover at one point, never bolted it back down, and then proceeded to leave it outside in the Vancouver BC weather for about 8 years

Comment

some dielectric grease will take care of that!.... lol
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Yikes!
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Since it was already filled with water, maybe I'll just stick it in the garden and use it as a bird bath.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Sorry BP...drained and gone.

Comment

Matt, how are the cam caps & rocker arms. I REALLY need the cam caps! Ray.
                  85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

a little marvel mystery oil will fix that right up.....
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Ray, The rocker arms are probably toast, but I'll take a couple photos tomorrow of the cam caps...I think they might be useful. Is it ok they're from a 750?

Comment

Yes, because I have an 1100 head that has no caps & I have to have it line honed anyway. Thanks, Ray.
                        85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Ray, is this what you're looking for?

Comment

Yep! Got the dowels & bolts too? & the most important, how much? Thanks, Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
                              Yep! Got the dowels & bolts too? & the most important, how much? Thanks, Ray.
                              Sorry, no dowels and the bolts were crap. Email me your address and a promise to remember the favor someday.
                              Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X