rear caliper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear caliper

hey guys ,
    just wondering if there is a decent method to free up frozen caliper pistons without damaging them( solution to soak in etc or the likes of) ,
    i have one caliper completlely seized and one other caliper that one side works (pistons free )and the other doesnt really extend completely
    regards gibbo 83 1100
    yesterays history , tomorrows a mystery , todays a gift

You`re going to have to strip and clean Gibbo .
    Strip and get an air line to blow the pistons out .
    clean everything and replace ,red rubber grease on the seals. If and it`s a big IF, you might get away without changing the seals but seeing as it`s stripped I`d change the seals . There is a thread on here somewhere
    if your not living on the edge
    you take up too much room

Comment

Originally posted by thedike View Post
      You`re going to have to strip and clean Gibbo .
      Strip and get an air line to blow the pistons out .
      clean everything and replace ,red rubber grease on the seals. If and it`s a big IF, you might get away without changing the seals but seeing as it`s stripped I`d change the seals . There is a thread on here somewhere
      Yep thats the ticket, only other thing I do is use a loose c clamp so I don't blow piston across room or some such.

Comment

Had this problem on my car, ended up ruining the caliper trying to get the piston out.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

New seals and dustboots. They're cheap. I use a bicycle pump adapted to blow the pistons out. +1 on the loose C clamp. Don't want that piston slamming through your car windows or putting a nice dent in the side of something....

Comment

ive heard of people putting ply wood between the pistons and blowing them out
            time to nut up or shut up
            Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
            The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X