ATTENTION Gap go-ers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, did he just call us tools ?

Comment

If anyone is willing, I've been kicking around doing a run to Wyoming on the way to the Gap. I've never seen it and really want to. But it's the type of run I'd want someone else along for.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        If anyone is willing, I've been kicking around doing a run to Wyoming on the way to the Gap. I've never seen it and really want to. But it's the type of run I'd want someone else along for.
        So, you saw "Brokeback Mountain" and got the urge to see Wyoming? I guess I understand why you'd want someone else along . First the combination of you wearing a yellow shirt standing next to SpecialK in the leather chaps, and now this? What's the world coming to

Wyoming is the last bastion of the West, where bold, independent and curious spirits are encouraged to forge their own way to adventure both big and small.
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
          So, you saw "Brokeback Mountain" and got the urge to see Wyoming?
          Never saw the movie, just got the urge to do it.
          As my grandmother said just before she took me into the live sex show "there's a lot to see in life, and you ought to see everything at least once... and I haven't seen this yet."

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Boy you got some grandmother there...mine wouldnt be caught dead in a sex show

Comment

well, I posted last night but it appears that the KR gremlins erased it

Anyway, I would love to trailer/haul my bike down this year, but I'm lacking a truck and or trailer. So, I'll probably be riding and squaring off yet another set of tires.
              As I haven't heard anything from Babs yet I'll assume for now that she is not coming. That being said, us southern ontario riders can cross in the Buffalo area and start the caravan down there.

And not to bring up a bad subject, but should we be starting an "emergency family contact" thread in the rally section. I know it's purpose is based on something bad happening, but I did like knowing that my family would be contacted in such an event.
              Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
              Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                If I can get the Ottawa guys to chip in here, it might be more practical for me to meet up with them and go down.
                But all in all, I think I would rather take 2 hours longer over all not have to do it alone.
                I don't think there's anyone heading down from Ottawa this year Mojoe.

The best route for you is what you've already mentioned...cross at Gananoque and then straight down I81.

Granted, I understand what you mean about wanting a travelling partner.
                Realistically, from Gananoque to Toronto city limits, it's a 2.5hr ride. Plus give yourself a minimum of 30 mins to get across Toronto, depending on traffic.

Jackal, Dan and Woob would be good travelling partners. Especially since they know where they're going!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
                  And not to bring up a bad subject, but should we be starting an "emergency family contact" thread in the rally section. I know it's purpose is based on something bad happening, but I did like knowing that my family would be contacted in such an event.
                  I would prefer you would rob my corpse and never mention me again than call my family for any reason. Even though I may be dead, I would hate to hear all those damn 'I told you so' lamentations.
                  "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Not sure if you all have heard of I.C.E. but thought I would take this opportunity to mention it.

In Case of Emergency: In your cell phone, make an entry called "ICE-Mother(wife, sister, mistress, grandfather, whatever)" and put their number and other contact info in that contact entry.

Most if not all emergency workers know to look for the ICE entry on the victim's phone. If you aren't coherent, they can get in touch with whomever you designate as your ICE contact, Heaven forbid they need to.

If you don't have a cell, keep a card with the info somewhere on your person.

Comment

We had an emergency contact information thread that we used last year. We can print it out and bring it along down to the rally, and keep handy. Also if everyone isnt comfortable putting up their personal information, you all can forward it to me, I'll put it on a spreadsheet and then keep it safe and bring a copy down to the rally...that way the information isnt out in the public forums for everyone to view but would be handy in the event its needed.

If you all want to do it again this year I think it would be a good idea.

If we're all coming down I81 then we could end having one huge KR caravan which would definately be cool.

Comment

well, I posted last night but it appears that the KR gremlins erased it

Anyway, I would love to trailer/haul my bike down this year, but I'm lacking a truck and or trailer. So, I'll probably be riding and squaring off yet another set of tires.
                        As I haven't heard anything from Babs yet I'll assume for now that she is not coming. That being said, us southern ontario riders can cross in the Buffalo area and start the caravan down there.

Good idea, thanks for the reminder..

If anyone else experiences random weird posts that have suddenly vanished, please let me know. The forums have been alittle slow the last couple days off and on so if it continues we'll contact the host.

Comment

Working...
                        X