X

can't get the goo under decals off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a similar problem with the "baked-on" sticker goo. I used the
    Astro eraser pad/pinstripe remover, 400E model - $10 after shipping on eBay. Put it on a power drill, use it carefully (not too much pressure), and it shouldn't hurt anything. Used about half the pad. Polish and wax to finish. Worked great for me!
    1993 GSX750F

Comment

I found that Lighter fluid worked the best for me. Stripped down all the decals off of my tractor trailer with it. Also great for bugs and tar from road construction. Stipped the whole truck in about half an hour.

Comment

i use rubbing alcohol on everything
        2004 gsx600f Katana (yoshi pipe, 180 back tire...Matte white!!)
        2004 Ford Explorer
        2008 Seadoo Rxp 215 (underdrive, pipe, ride plate, chip 100mph on the water)
        2000 honda 70 cc

Comment

Originally posted by rolofung View Post
          I had a similar problem with the "baked-on" sticker goo. I used the
          Astro eraser pad/pinstripe remover, 400E model - $10 after shipping on eBay. Put it on a power drill, use it carefully (not too much pressure), and it shouldn't hurt anything. Used about half the pad. Polish and wax to finish. Worked great for me!

+1 We used these to get the factory goo off when I worked at the lexus dealer on brand new $60k cars, won't hurt the paint at all. I think they even sell them at autozone and places like that now.

As for the paint, take one of your fairings to any reputable paint shop and they should be able to match the cololr for you.
          Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

If somebody wants the rest of my Astro eraser pad, they can have it for the cost of shipping.
            1993 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by 5forty2 View Post
              +1 We used these to get the factory goo off when I worked at the lexus dealer on brand new $60k cars, won't hurt the paint at all. I think they even sell them at autozone and places like that now.

As for the paint, take one of your fairings to any reputable paint shop and they should be able to match the cololr for you.
              +1 on all the eraser wheel comments. I went through some major bucks trying to get a product to get that glue off, the wheel worked first try.

I've said it before, the folks that have the most problems are old kats, not 98+. Take my 96 for example, it had about 10-12 years to sit in the sun to bake the adhesive on. All pre kat owners should skip all the bs and get the eraser wheel.

It's safe enough to use, we removed all the decals off my friends S-2000 with shatty azz honda paint (read - soft), and it didn't hurt it one bit.

Just don't go rambo on it, take your time.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
              X