X

Question about tail plastics..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tail plastics..

Hey everyone.. If a Busa taillight can be made to fit an 03 Kat tail fairly easy. Would a busa undertail fit an 03 Kat tail that has been fitted to an 02 kat??

I know this is a difficult to answer question but i thought maybe someone has tried since the busa undertail looks fairly close to the size of the kat tail..

thanks..
    Chris

I don't see why not? I thought that the 03 kat and the busa light was exactly the same.

From what Ive seen, the 03 tail should just go over a 02 frame with almost not modification, you'd need a new tail light bracket and a longer seat lock cable...that't all Ive ever heard that you would need.
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

The reason the tail light fits, is because suzuki used the SAME PART for both bikes.

That doesn't mean the under tail is going to be a direct swap...
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I didnt think it would fit but when I was looking at pictures of both bikes and a busa with the undertail, It all looked sooo close to the same size. However, I'm sure that they would probably be different in some ways. If I ever come across a busa undertail for that similar year that I can buy cheap, then I might try to "make" it fit. Something to try in the future.. thanks
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          The reason the tail light fits, is because suzuki used the SAME PART for both bikes.

That doesn't mean the under tail is going to be a direct swap...
          woops, i definitely missed the UNDER part. I thought he was just talking about the tailsection. My bad!
          Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
          '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Working...
          X