X

Hayabusa boys come on in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayabusa boys come on in

I found a 2006 Busa with 8,500 miles on it for a steal. It is completely stock and looks like it just came off of the showroom floor. Anybody know how comfortable these things are for a guy that's 6' tall? What do I need to look for (common problems) when I go check it out? How do they handle twisties? What's the low speed handling like? I would be basically using the bike for commuting and touring. I know that it's a hell of a jump from a pre 600 Kat but I am an extremely cautious/carefull rider and don't like hot-dogging. I am really considering this bike so if any of you guys have some knowledge to drop on me, I'd appreciate it.
    Some people carry on
    Some just stay right where they are
    Our worlds divide

Just make sure you don't actually steal the bike...

I've sat on a few Busa's and since I'm right at 6' it aint bad at all...Most say it's pretty darn close to the Kat ergonomically, maybe slightly more forward...

As far as the power goes, it only has as much as you give it... But take your time in finding where that power is... If you can't find the power on the Busa, you probably haven't switched it on...

Good luck, and start saving for all those rear tires...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Little more forward than the Kat, obviously a load more power, about the same weight so expect similar low speed handling, high speed stability is superior, but the thing is like a tank so be careful, 130 feels like 55.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Bump goes the thread cause the thread goes BUMP!
        Some people carry on
        Our worlds divide

Comment

You should send a PM to TDRCOMM. He's been riding a Busa for quite a few years, and can give some good insight.
          -
          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I've had mine since August 07, and have close to 15,000 miles on her. It does lean further up than the Kat, and the weight does feel similar. It does sometimes feel like you are going slower than indicated due to the smooth power delivery. IMO the faster I go the smoother and more stable it feels. +1 on it only giving you as much power as you throttle it.

I think it handles well in the twisties, it's no 250, 500, 600, 750, or 1000 but it can turn!! It is very comfortable on extended rides. I have helibars on mine which brought the handlebar position up and back. The power difference between the Kat and the Busa is obvious.
            sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

Just my luck.... freakin owner backed out of the deal. Eveytime I find a decent deal on a bike the seller flakes out. I'm starting to get pist.
              Some people carry on
              Our worlds divide

Comment

Sorry to hear, but with the 08+ Busas out great deals can be found on the Gen1 Busas! Hope you find and get what you are looking for!
                sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                  You should send a PM to TDRCOMM. He's been riding a Busa for quite a few years, and can give some good insight.
                  yes tom would be your best busa knowledge base....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

The 2006 also had the special edition white color that is the best color of all of them, in my opinon of course.
                    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Found another Busa for cheap... still wondering about these things

I sent Tdrcomm a pm so we'll see what happens
                      Some people carry on
                      Our worlds divide

Comment

i'd say if you get a good deal jump on it. i'm 6"5 i've road a busa turbo.. i road it before i ever got my 600 kat.. probably had something to do with me buying a smaller bike..fun to ride. but i would have to disagree.. this would be a fun weekend bike. but a terrible commuter. dont twist that throttle like your cat. could end up a waste of money on the ground.

Comment

i only rode one.

It has the speed of a gixxer on steroids. throttle and acceleration is very smooth. not jittery like the gixxers. handles a lot like the post 98 kats do. have to be very easy on the throttle though as it will slide out if given too much juice around a corner. very impressed with suzuki on this one!!!
                          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                          Current Bikes:
                          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Rothman View Post
                            I found a 2006 Busa with 8,500 miles on it for a steal. It is completely stock and looks like it just came off of the showroom floor. Anybody know how comfortable these things are for a guy that's 6' tall? What do I need to look for (common problems) when I go check it out? How do they handle twisties? What's the low speed handling like? I would be basically using the bike for commuting and touring. I know that it's a hell of a jump from a pre 600 Kat but I am an extremely cautious/carefull rider and don't like hot-dogging. I am really considering this bike so if any of you guys have some knowledge to drop on me, I'd appreciate it.
                            For the Commute its great only thing is if your stuck in traffic turn it off
                            because it will get hot and when it gets hot it cuts off and it's not
                            charging the battery like it should under 5k rpms. Low speed handling
                            is ok nothing to brag on. if you give it some gas and dump the clutch
                            you will wear it for a hat. and it even might wheelie up @55-60 if you
                            get a handfull of throttle twisted.. oh and any bike will get it in the
                            twisties if you get your but off the seat but a GIXXER it aint...
                            it's a great bike and alotta fun....Look @it like this If you don't
                            Like it You can always sell it.. My bet is you will like it
                            Last edited by SOUPDADY; 01-14-2009, 10:28 PM.
                            ALWAYS THE REAL!!!!

93ZX11D Candy Wine Red
                            Cardon Fiber D&D Full Exhaust,
                            Vortex Sprockets 1dwn frnt 2up back
                            She looks like Hell but is a True Battle Cat!
                            no pun intended
                            07ZX10 Special Edition Stock
                            09ZX14 in the making Need a lil more$$$1st
                            99Kat600 Custom Paint By Kali's AirBrushing, Chrome rims, Chrome GrabBar,Chrome Kickstand, Chrome Heel Gaurds, Braada Cowl,Lowered,Mesh Mod, More mods & Chrome to come

Comment

A lot of taller busa guys put Buell pegs on so you can stretch out a bit. Search it on Hayabusa.org.

Comment

Working...
                              X