No announcement yet.
X

Quit Lurking and tell us who you are!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit Lurking and tell us who you are!!!

I tell new riders on other forums I'm involved with to quit lurking every day, then I realize I've done the same thing here!

First me, name's Randy, ride a fair amount, average about 15,000 miles a year on my bikes, try to stay off the highway and find the twistiest clean roads I can and ride them until I know them. I do most of my riding on a 2005 Kawasaki Z1000, but I also have a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250 and a 1997 Suzuki Katana.

Second, my Kat, like I said, its a 1997, Gold and Black color scheme. I bought it used just this year for something to work on and practice fixing so I didn't really screw something up on my Z1000. The guy I bought it from also bought it used, had it for about 5 years, laid it down once on each side, then left it sit outside uncovered over the winter without draining the tank, carbs, or anything else. So I've had my work cut out for me, its stage 3 jetted, carbs out of sync of course, and its got a 4-2-1 into a D&D can, so its loud and spits a little fire when it runs. The air cleaner, carbs, chain, and rear tire were all toast when I bought it, have all but the chain replaced, but now it is at least road worthy, and aside from a slight idleing problem, doesn't do too bad. I plan a complete carb rebuild and general motor cleanup before winter, a complete sand down and body repair over winter, and a fresh coat of paint in the spring. Not sure on the color yet though.

Lastly, Riding, I live in Columbus Ohio, I ride EVERY DAY that I'm off work. I head straight toward SE OHIO, some of the best twisty roads in the region, and ride all day, usually a touch into West Virginia or Kentucky. I'd say a 500 to 600 mile day is good for me, I'd like to do some Iron Butt rides, but not on a Z1000. Any how, full gear is a must, HJC helmet, Joe rocket jacket, pants and gloves, and Nitro racing boots. Right now I'm running Conti Road attacks on my Z, loving them, except I can't get rid of the last 1/8th inch of chicken strip, and I'm dragging my swingarm spools in the tight turns. Go Figure? Oh well, anyone in the area wanna ride, hit me up. I ride with CORE, Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts. Hope to meet some of you on a ride soon!

Welcome to the forum buddy! I've had my kat for 3 years now and while I live in Houston, TX, I'm up at school in Dayton, OH (with my KAT) at the moment. If your looking for someone to ride with, send me a PM.
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
        2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
        2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

welcome to KR .. glad you came out of the shadows .. have fun and take care .. enjoy
          so many roads so little time

Comment

yo

welcome from philly
            You're Welcome,
            - The Social Invalid

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

welcome.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

welcome. the Z-1000 is a sweet bike

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

welcome

welcome to the club, stay safe
                      SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
                      Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.
                        Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!! Ride safe..........

Comment

Welcome 2 KR
                            Watch for your Guardian Angel
                            750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Hello there Randy and welcome to KatRiders....
                              2007 Honda CBR600rr
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X