X

headlight bulb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight bulb

hello,do they make those brite headlight bulbs the ones that are blue?if so do you know where i can get them(autoparts)or dealership?and how much are they?and do you know the part number?thank you

Any automotive bulb will work, i believe the bulb is an H7 i have silverstars in my bike and my car and i love them.

Jay
    2000 Kat 600 only mod is the D&D that came with it more to come soon though. Crash virginity lost 11/25/05....the rebuildin comes next HAHA

Comment

They are H4 bulbs.

I hear that Silvania Silverstars are great.

Comment

There is another thread about bulbs and if I'm right they say be careful putting in a brighter bulb because sometimes they draw more power and burn out the wireing harness....but I heard the Silverstars give a higher out put of light without changing the current draw...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I wouldn't go any higher than 80/65

Comment

Stock wiring is designed for 55/60.

There are two ways of getting more light on the road: higher efficiency bulbs (like the Sylvania's) and higher wattage bulbs. Switching to higher wattage bulbs poses a problem, in that your electrical wiring starts overheating and can cause an electrical fire, and/or burnt insulation (and resultant electrical failures). If you want to go to higher wattages, splice in a set of relays and thicker wiring to run the replacements; otherwise stick to higher efficiency bulbs.

Everything you might want to know:
            Understanding motorcycle lighting upgrade choices, by the CyberPoet, at MotorcycleAnchor.com

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X