No announcement yet.
X

SS brake line ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about brake lines - the aluminum banjo bolts on most aftermarket lines don't take kindly to being over torqued. i think galfer lines state 15 psi on their web site ( they really don't include instructions )

and remember to put a crush washer ( provided with the kit ) on both sides of the banjo. bolt/washer/banjo/washer/slave cylinder.

the connection for the master cylinder which will have 2 banjo's will be - bolt/washer/banjo/washer/banjo/washer/master cylinder.

tim

Comment

And always use new crush washers -- even if you have to loosen something up again to reposition it, new crush washer. Too much riding on your brakes to reuse them.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

But I can't FIND crush washers anywhere around here . I've been using the same one on my oil pan for like 5 oil changes . Anyone got a good source ?
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Ditto. When I did my very 1st oil change, I went to the dealer and asked for some crush washers and the kid behind the counter looked at me like I was on crack... :\
          "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            But I can't FIND crush washers anywhere around here . I've been using the same one on my oil pan for like 5 oil changes . Anyone got a good source ?
            Contact any fastner company and simply order a box of 'em. 14mm ID, right?

Actually, I believe all Honda and Toyota dealers also carry them, because it's a standard size for their oil pans.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Last time I got a couple from a quick-change oil place , but when I tried last spring , they didn't have any anymore . Don't remember the size , but I have one sitting on my desk for a size reference . That is , if I could find a place that HAS them again . Yeah , guess I'll have to suck it up and try the local Honda rip-off shop .

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Yeah , guess I'll have to suck it up and try the local Honda rip-off shop .
                You could always use the opportunity to ask for the paint code to that Honda blue color you love so much...

Q: Have you tried your local auto parts store?

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Actually , no . Kinda worried about people yelling at me about wasting their time , then getting into a fight . Good call , though . 2 birds with one stone .

Comment

Working...
                  X