X

Old Member, Older Rider, New Kat...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Member, Older Rider, New Kat...

So I'm sitting here in Iraq chatting in the ChatBox on KR when the wife pops in on the Instant Messenger. "Hey, I found something at a garage sale." I think, great... what am I going to have to deal with now? Well, she says "An '89 Suzuki 750". I'm like, well that doesn't tell me anything. What kind of bike? What is the model of it? She says, "I think it's a Katana.... yeah, pretty sure it said Katana on the side. Let me go back with the camera and take pictures to show you." I said, ok, no problem. Then I started thinking.... why is the wife telling me there is a Katana for sale at a garage sale? Maybe she's telling me to buy it? So she comes back and emails me these pictures.

and then......

Holy Crap!! Only 5,000 miles on an '89?!?!!?!? How much does he want for it? She says "He just wants it gone, so he will take $600 for the bike, 2 HJC Helmets, a textile First Gear jacket with liner, Tourmaster textile Overpants, and a tail bag." I said... $600!?!? Does it run? She said "He said he had it running last week, but drained the carbs". So now the decision of a lifetime.... buy this bike without ever seeing it, or let it go and kick myself in the a$$ later for not getting it.

Well, here are the pictures of it now sitting in my garage with my 600. The previous owner fired it up and rode it to our house for the wife since I wasn't there to come get it.

In this picture you can see a piece of my 600 in the left corner.

I guess now the 600 is now free to mod like crazy and keep a single seater while I use the 750 to go 2 up riding when the wife or kids feel like going out for a spin with me. I will more than likely keep the mods to a minimum on the 750 and just keep it running in tip top shape. I don't even know if I'm going to change out the stock exhaust on it. Man... just when I had things planned out for the 600, here comes another one into the stable. I just couldn't pass up the deal though.

I know, I know.... I'm hated right now. It's all good. I can handle it.

Did I mention I LOVE my wife?? Yeah... I do VERY much!!
    Last edited by Court93kat; 07-18-2009, 10:48 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

So, so, so jealous! Great find man, have fun with her.

Comment

or you could switch them and use the smaller, less fun one for 2 up when you don't need to go fast. then mod the 750 like crazy for the single seat... just a thought... nice find tho. congrats on the new addition to your collection.
      I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
      --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

Nice find...Enjoy...
        It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

wow, wish my wife would do that. So are you gonna buy her something nice with all that tax free and combat pay??
          ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

glad for you bro!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

That is totally awesome! Hope all is going well over there as well for you.

Comment

Awesome, we truly appreciate all you are doing for us over there. Good to hear that good things happen to good people. Enjoy!

Comment

Wow! great find. stay safe over there so you can come home and ride it. and be sure to get your wife something special for a finders fee.

Comment

Very nice find...

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
                      Only 5,000 miles on an '89?!?!!?!?
                      That's obscene.

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
                      I know, I know.... I'm hated right now.
                      You got that right.
                      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Gawd suck an excelent find at a yard sale
                        sigpic

Comment

OH MY GAWD! That's unreal! You owe her BIGTIME for that one! Wish to God I could find something like that for $600.00. Though, that's the exact price I paid for my '93 with about 27K on it. I got a decent deal, but I think you just stole yourself a SWEET bike! Great job!

-Mike-
                          sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                          2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

good lord man that's a deal! good job!
                            1999 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo1987 View Post
                              or you could switch them and use the smaller, less fun one for 2 up when you don't need to go fast. then mod the 750 like crazy for the single seat... just a thought... nice find tho. congrats on the new addition to your collection.
                              Well, the 750 has a 1 piece seat where the 600 has the 2 piece. I also already have the solo cowl for the 600 (see avatar). But on top of all that, my 600 is not so much less fun with what I have done to her. Not to mention the future plans for this winter.

I am much more attached to the 600 since I have owned it for 5 years now. That one will be my "hot rod" and I will keep no matter what. This 750 will be only slightly modified but mostly just upkept and serviced well and serve as my commuter and for 2 up riding.

Thanks for all the comments and well wishes. I plan and will stay as safe as possible. I am really stoked to get home and go over my new addition to the stable. And some of you know I already have a mountain of parts to be installed on the 600. Look for a thread this winter in the "Long Term Projects" section to cover all the fun things I will be doing with it.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                              X