X

82 gs1000sz finally taking shape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by branumhawk View Post
    Hey dog, I should have some pics of the paint work real soon. Been awhile since I posted, and awhile since I did anything major on the bike. I could rattle off the list projects, repairs and situations that has kept me away from the project, but don't want to bore anyone.

What bike is consuming your time and attention these days. Old motorcycles are living room art at my house.
    You sound like me, been doing everything except working on motorcycles. I would like to see pics, so I can feel like I'm getting something done.

Bad weather is coming here in Indiana, so I've been winterizing my (6) running bikes..... takes longer than I thought. Other than that been getting the outdoor stuff done before winter, cutting wood, cleaning up, etc. Plus I changed jobs a few weeks back, so been busy with that, also. Got a couple of projects I need to get started on, though.
    GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Wow I forgot about winter for you guys...around here well ....anyway I'm starting a KZ900 project that should keep me busy through our "winter"....
      79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
        You sound like me, been doing everything except working on motorcycles. I would like to see pics, so I can feel like I'm getting something done.

Bad weather is coming here in Indiana, so I've been winterizing my (6) running bikes..... takes longer than I thought. Other than that been getting the outdoor stuff done before winter, cutting wood, cleaning up, etc. Plus I changed jobs a few weeks back, so been busy with that, also. Got a couple of projects I need to get started on, though.
        That's one of the good things about living here in South Africa. We don't have to winterize our bikes. Weather is great all year round. Keep upright and ride carefully
        MelWain

Comment

Originally posted by sixdog View Post
          Wow I forgot about winter for you guys...around here well ....anyway I'm starting a KZ900 project that should keep me busy through our "winter"....
          Yes, us poor slobs who have to suffer through 3-4 months of just looking at our bikes.

The 900 looks good, already.

Comment

Keep warm Joe, if you gotta get away c'mon by brother! And THANKS!
            79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

I also have an 82 restoration project that is in stasis for the moment while I do other things, but it will get back on track sometime this winter. We have had temps at about 20 below zero here the last few days.

Last year my wife and I finished a 77 KZ1000 project. I won't klutter up the OP's thread with my Kat restoration but I will show some photos of the finished kwaker. Bikes are art inside our house too, guess we all have a lot in common...

Comment

Originally posted by sixdog View Post
                Keep warm Joe, if you gotta get away c'mon by brother! And THANKS!
                I'll keep that in mind, don't be surprised if I show up on your doorstep.
                The wife and I are heading to Key West in a couple of weeks, that will help the winter blues.

Comment

nice job.....

Comment

South Louisiana winters are easy to deal with and after working up north of Green Bay, I have tasted those grapes. My wife's Christmas gift was a bedroom remodel and new tile floors in dining room and all that. If my knees ever work again I will try to get back on the KAT.

Bulldog, that 82 project is a Katana or KZ? I have seen some of your work on other threads and look forward to seeing anything you work on. Always fun to watch.

I have done nothing but stack tools and store stuff around the KAT for last few months but got so much going on, it's hard for a one man show to do everything.

Yall have a Merry Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by branumhawk View Post

Bulldog, that 82 project is a Katana or KZ? I have seen some of your work on other threads and look forward to seeing anything you work on. Always fun to watch.
                      The 82 is a Katana GS1000SZ It's been sitting for quite a while waiting for me to work up the ambition to get going on it again and today that happened.

Started working on the brake systems today...
                      I'll start another thread when I get a little farther along so I don't mess up the OP's build thread.

Comment

Originally posted by flynbulldog View Post
                        The 82 is a Katana GS1000SZ It's been sitting for quite a while waiting for me to work up the ambition to get going on it again and today that happened.

Started working on the brake systems today...
                        I'll start another thread when I get a little farther along so I don't mess up the OP's build thread.
                        Sounds good, I'll be glad to see someone's project to help break-up the winter blues....

Comment

Well Joe my Katana is running great so the only thing it needs is riding,,,which happens often. I my 79 CBX with a big bore kit...here are some pics:

Sorry its not a Suzuki...

Comment

Looking good. CBX, good with me, I've had (have) a few Hondas through the years. The CBX would be a nice addition to any collection.

Comment

Killer Honda project. My CB750K1 has big bore kit and keihin smooth bores.

But the reason I snuck in here was to post a few updates on my Katana. Paint job is coming along well. I still have to sand and buff the clear coat but it came out pretty good.

Fender and two fairing pieces that we had laid flat on a board rather than stringing them up lost some shine but I will buff them a bit and if it doesn't work I can re shoot those pieces.

I wont post the before pics, because they are in this thread anyway.

I also picked up a complete top end with low miles to rework for replacement if my engine is tired. Not sure what the PO had done with the engine but it does have high mileage. Couldn't pass it up at the price.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by branumhawk; 02-16-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

This is the top end from a drag bike that had its stock top end removed and set aside. Low mileage replacement that I can rework to tighten up my motor. Nice thing is I can work on it while I have a running motor in the bike.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X