X

need to know the name of a part

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to know the name of a part

on the left side of the engine there is a grey cover that has Suzuki on it. On the 98+ it is between the fairing that covers the engine and the grey cawl that cover the headers. I started up the bike for the first time this year, it started up with in seconds and then i noticed oil spitting out of this cover then i noticed a crack . I hope that this is enough info.

Did you drop the bike?

sounds like you cracked the clutch cover.

edit

is this what your talking about??

Kyle

Comment

Yeah , the big round cover . Starter clutch cover , or any combination of those words . Or just call it "the big round cover on the left side" .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i found out the name, it is called a starter gear cover. It will cost me $175.00cdn

Comment

STARTER GEAR COVER

I'm pretty sure I have one brand new one here still. If not, I'm pretty sure BRAADA JIM has some really nice lightly used ones. A little can of paint & *PRESTO* - (almost) good as new!

BTW...........I also have a brand new gasket for that.

e-mail me if you want the new one.
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by andrehendricken
            i found out the name, it is called a starter gear cover. It will cost me $175.00cdn
            Send BraadaJim a pm. I bet he has one and can send it to you for alot cheaper than that.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I don't have any starter gear covers left but I can do you up a helluva lot better than $175 for a stock one! Somebody is smokin some MAJOR crack.

RonAyers has the stock one for $74.86 US new. Don't know what that converts to Canadian but I bet it's less than $175.

OR

You can go with a much better, much stronger NRC cover for $141.70Cdn. And it's even a Canadian made part

OR

And this is the best of all IMHO, an NRC Factory Second for $85Cdn. I bought a set of these and the "defect" in the defect ones is so small and in such a non-essential area it is almost rediculous that they mark them as seconds. They also have a few that were made for race teams that are perfect and unused at this price here too. You need part 4513-301.

Hope this helps you out!
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I think we got a couple , but they're the black pre-98 ones .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X