X

Projector retrofit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector retrofit

Found this on a ZX-10 forum, figured some people on here are like me and have more time than money

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Man I would really like to do that with mine.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

That is awesome. Looks great

Comment

Wonder if you could do something like that with those aftermarket fog light kits, and if it would be bright enough.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I would imagine that if the watts were the same, it would probably work pretty well. 55w of light is 55w of light

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I would imagine that if the watts were the same, it would probably work pretty well. 55w of light is 55w of light
            Not quite. Lumens is the amount of light, wattage is just how much electrical draw they take to power. It should give you a rough idea to compare by when looking at similar products however (2 halogen 55w lights will likely produce very similar lumen values). However for example a LED will produce much more light per watt than a incandescent.
            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I would love to do something like this one day!!
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
                Not quite. Lumens is the amount of light, wattage is just how much electrical draw they take to power. It should give you a rough idea to compare by when looking at similar products however (2 halogen 55w lights will likely produce very similar lumen values). However for example a LED will produce much more light per watt than a incandescent.

Very good point, I didn't even think of that. Blindingly bright LEDs take a watt or two. I think those lights from autozone are either halogen or xenon, those should be comparable enough to give ample light right? People use them on streetfighters so I would imagine they put out somewhere near what the stock kat headlight bulbs put out (which by the way is pitiful Silverstars ftw)

Comment

Working...
                X