X

Auto-Chain Oiler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Chain Oiler

I am considering making my own auto-oiler this winter, but I am having trouble understanding the mechanism which increases the oil drip rate as a function of speed and shuts it off when not moving. Can anyone with one speculate as to how they accomplish this? It seems like it almost has to tap into the speedo somehow.
    -2000 "750"

The pro oiler (www.pro-oiler.com) does tap into your speedo wire, that's as long as you have a digital speedo, my 05 does, it reads from a rotor on the front sprocket, I don't think the pre 03's have that though, I think it reads from the front wheel. In that case the pro-oiler has a reed magnet switch mechanism that you attach to rear rotor. Read more about it on the website.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

no all the 98+ Kats are electronic, just the pre 98's read from the front wheel.

Comment

ahh, gotcha, I had no idea, it was just a guess.
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

yeah, I thought the same thing at one point, the 98+ rim up to 03 has a place for the speedo drive to sit on, but they're electronic.

Comment

Good to know....

There are cheaper option to the pro-oiler, such at the scott-oiler which uses some sort of vacuum pump using a vacuum line on the carbs, and theres a couple other, but i cant remember the name, CP knows....

But from what he told me with his experience, the pro-oiler is the best way to go. (which is what I ended up getting)

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I should probably make something that works manually first and smooth out the kinks. Then move on to the "auto" aspect.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
              X