Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sludge on fairing help

Hello All,

First post, so be gentle...

I have a 2006 Katana 600 with 8000 km's on it.

I have noticed on the bottom left fairing which is white, and by the kickstand that there is a black sludge type substance that is present. I don't know what it is as I don't think it is oil as it's not viscous like oil, but it is black, and greasy but a dirt grease not really fluid... wipes right off the fairing with no problem, but I don't know if it is from the kickstand spring lube, the chain or something more drastic...

Any assistance on what this substance is would be appreciated...

Chain lube.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks !! I thought so, but the chain looks rather dry...

Comment

Clean the chiznit out of it when the bike is cold & then go for a long ride. Check your oil. If there is an 'active leak' you should be able to pinpoint it after you have a clean, dry surface.

Comment

If you ever take off the front sprocket cover you`ll find a nice build up in there too.
          Kyle

Comment

exhaust leaks will leave deposits like that...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X