X

Brake Fluid Flush?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Fluid Flush?

So I've never done a complete flush on a brake system. My only experience with bleeding brakes is on cars with installing new calipers. What's the correct way to flush the system? Keep bleeding the lines and keep adding new fluid until it looks all clean? I bet the fluid in my bike is from the factory because it looks like dirty swamp mud water in the reservoirs.

Yup.......don't let air in!! The front brakes can be a pain to get it out.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I'm going to need a bigger bottle of fluid then haha. This will be my project while I wait for the other centerstand bolt to come in. Thanks for the help as always junker!

Comment

Also you may consider replacing the lines if they're older than 10 years or so. I've seen it recommended to change them every 4 years. But both of my bikes have the original lines (20+ years), so most people must not think it an issue.

Comment

Yeah, that's probably a good idea as well. Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy the brake lines? Does SS lines make a good difference?

Comment

SS lines are an amazing difference. There's a place that is recommended on here several times. It's in southern CA, don't remember the name off the top of my head even though I've used them twice now...Do a site search, it'll come up.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I seen the CORE brand for $148 for both fronts and rear. Is that a fair price? Or good brand?

Comment

I got Venhill lines on ebay with 109 euros, when bleeding the brakes the easyest way is to suck the air out from bleeders

Comment

Goodrich is a good one also. $149 is fair
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                    SS lines are an amazing difference. There's a place that is recommended on here several times. It's in southern CA, don't remember the name off the top of my head even though I've used them twice now...Do a site search, it'll come up.
                    SS lines do make a huge difference, I used Galfer lines.
                    2002 750 Kat
                    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                    X