New Kat Owner!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat Owner!

Greetings guys,
    I just came into possession of a 93 Kat 750. I'm pretty excited. The lady I got it from had it sitting outside her house for about 5 years and she just wanted it off her property, so I offered to take it off her hands and I just picked it up this last Saturday.

It is definitely nothing to look at, and looks like it is going to need a lot of work. It is the CA model (it was last registered in CA.) so it has all that junk that may need to be removed (I saw a couple of posting about it in the Mechanics 101 forums).

I'll try and get pictures up when I can. I'm stoked, and for the price, I couldn't be happier. I should also mention I'm pretty new to forums (I read a lot of them for technical troubleshooting, but never actually joined one...so this should be interesting) so if I do anything wrong, please let me know.

Make sure to clean the tank,carbs and do an oil change. Look at the tires; check the date code. Change the plugs, look at the air filter and chain.

I am sure I missed some things.

Enjoy!

Also download the service manual it will be your friend. Make sure to search for answers before asking a question. You will learn a lot of these guys.
    Last edited by scheib; 06-08-2012, 02:51 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

Thanks! So far we have done an oil change, but we bought the wrong plugs according to the NKG website (This is what I get when I trust my room mate to look something up for me!) so we will have to return those. We cleaned the tank, but the carbs are a bit out of my scope. I'm willing to learn, and we have the service manual (Mechanics 101 FTW!) so we will probably get into that soon. The chain is pretty rusty and we will replace that and probably the sprocket as well. Tires will be replaced once I get the thing going , but there are some rust spots on the frame. I'm considering a complete tear down and having it powder coated, unless anyone has any other recommendations.

Comment

Here is a link to the wiki carb rebuild/clean.

Comment

Welcome

waiting for pics.........

Comment

Welcome to the site bud

Comment

Welcome aboard ~
              You will do just fine here ....

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Here it is, not much to look at
                Attached Files

Comment

welcome to the forum
                  im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
                  X