• Show
Clear All

That looks awesome! Well done.
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

Comment

Originally posted by Mafia Kuztoms View Post
      Nice workmanship I like it; we went with a busa rear tail and swing arm (upside down) look. We went for the flashy look ladies like it.
      And it's a fine looking flashy mod I must say as well.

Well done!

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

wow this is a sweet Kat!!!!!

Comment

looks good but don't forget about being safe and replacing the chain guard.

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
            looks good but don't forget about being safe and replacing the chain guard.

It's not a Knife was selling some nice custom made chain guards...

Oh good grief... took for ever to fine the post about them. He needs to advertise them more!

Think it would look good.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Gotta admit...looks pretty sweet. I also agree with loundnlow...I don't think the 2" that you raised it will affect the ride so much that you would notice. Keep us updated on the ride and handling.

Comment

i definatly have to look into a nice chain guard. i dont like the factory one and really dont think it goes with the look of the bike but i am looking around for something that looks more factory but is nicer then the factory plastic one.

Comment

Are you interested in selling your old wheel and tire set up?

Please call me 502-379-0751

Thanks,Ralph
                  Last edited by katanaralph; 01-19-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

sure hit me up

Comment

What's the paint color? and can I steal it and tell people it was my original color idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
                        all the thanks goes to Kreylyn for this mod. he built me the swingarm and boy was it alittle more work then the pre2000 gsxr wheel swap. he did an amazing job and like i said it slid right in with no trouble at all. and i love the stealth look. im a big oem+ looks guy i want normal people to look at the bike and think it came that way but to fellow Kat riders they can see the amount of work that went into it. as far as raising the tail i did do it for looks only. it raised the rear about 2". i did no modification to the front end but ill have to see how the bike rides as it is right now. i do like to go through the twisties a bit but by no means do i drag knees or anything crazy like that. im going to feel it out for now. i like the way it looks alot so as long as its not really bad then i will probably keep it. and the sprocket is a vortex one that was made specifically for me to run a kat 530 chain on a gsxr wheel. cost 75 bucks.
                        If you already had the swingarm custom made your best bet would of been to go with the Hayabusa wheel; the chain is also a 530 and the rear rotor and caliper are the same and are inter changeable with the katanas. Anything that is custom is expensive yet hard to find or for someone to manufacture you one in the spot.

Comment

there is plenty of room to put a busa wheel on there krey did a good job the rear rotor and caliper are the same from the gsxr and the katana i only had to run the gsxr caliper carrier. outside of axle difference im pretty sure a busa wheel wouldnt be a problem but i would have to ask krey before i say that for sure. i went with the gsxr wheel because i found one local no regrets on my side

Comment

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
                            there is plenty of room to put a busa wheel on there krey did a good job the rear rotor and caliper are the same from the gsxr and the katana i only had to run the gsxr caliper carrier. outside of axle difference im pretty sure a busa wheel wouldnt be a problem but i would have to ask krey before i say that for sure. i went with the gsxr wheel because i found one local no regrets on my side
                            What swinger will accept a 6" wheel and probably up to 220 tire with no issues. Minor logistics like swapping the bearings in the 6" wheel (or getting one with bearings to match) to keep the same axle would be easier options if that was desired in the future. There is plenty of clearance either way.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>Not worth arguing about...
                              Last edited by XRacerX; 01-21-2010, 12:45 PM. Reason: Not worth arguing about

Comment

How do i get in tough with you? How much do you want for it and how complete will it be? Rim,tire,rotor,axle,sprocket? or call at 502-379-0751.

Comment

Working...
                                X