X

Kat suddenly turned off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat suddenly turned off

Hi Kat friends, I have a "problem?" With my bike, I turned on, wait 5 or 6 minutes to warm the bike, after that I was riding normally and suddenly the bike turned off I stopped to put the bike on neutral, turn on, and I return to my home I only rode less than 10 minutes, I don't know what could be the problem, I have the same problem before but the problem was the kickstand was down and the bike obviously turned off, but this time the kickstand was up, somebody got that problem or what could be the problem?

My bike is a Suzuki katana 99' 600cc
    Thanks for the help

It's unlikely but have you checked the spring is keeping the kickstand pulled up enough, if it's a bit loose it could be allowing the switch to activate and shut the engine off if you go over bumps perhaps!?

Comment

Originally posted by Seft View Post
      It's unlikely but have you checked the spring is keeping the kickstand pulled up enough, if it's a bit loose it could be allowing the switch to activate and shut the engine off if you go over bumps perhaps!?
      Just a note...

It's almost never the spring that is loose, but a worn shim. The shim thins out at the pivot, allowing for the kickstand to have more side to side movement than it's supposed too. That shortens the distance on the spring attachment due to the change in angle, so it's not holding as tight. The fix is replace the shim with a thicker one. This properly positions the kickstand back out, and also will provide better support when being used by the bike.

Just messing with the spring not only doesn't address the problem, but eventually the wear will worsen make the side stand less secure and the bike less stable on the stand.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Seft View Post
        That's the weird part, because before pass the bump, it turned off :/

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        Just a note...

It's almost never the spring that is loose, but a worn shim. The shim thins out at the pivot, allowing for the kickstand to have more side to side movement than it's supposed too. That shortens the distance on the spring attachment due to the change in angle, so it's not holding as tight. The fix is replace the shim with a thicker one. This properly positions the kickstand back out, and also will provide better support when being used by the bike.

Just messing with the spring not only doesn't address the problem, but eventually the wear will worsen make the side stand less secure and the bike less stable on the stand.

Krey

Maybe that could be, but a weird thing was, when i bought the bike the kickstand don't move and sometimes i have to pull hard to put on the kickstand, but when i have a crash with the bike, the kickstand fell fuel and oil, and the kickstand was more light when i try to put down and up, and sometimes when i parked the bike the spring of the kickstand got stuck with one piece down the fairing who is close to the kickstand, and when i lift up the kickstand i don't got the problem with the fairing. Is weird my case
        Last edited by DarksikGSXF; 07-06-2017, 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Just a note...

It's almost never the spring that is loose
          That's me told, I'll get mi coat... :P

Comment

Working...
          X