X

Looking for ideas here :-)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ideas here :-)

I ride an awesome 1989 Kat. I've had her 'bout a year. I need to do some work on her. Time for a bit of a face lift. I'm posting her newest pics. Please help me out with some ideas other than just paint. If you wouldn't mind, post any pics of mods you've come up with. Thank you so much.

Last edited by Smokin Hot 89; 05-08-2009, 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

id stick some mesh in the fairing holes, get rid of the leather tank cover, solo cowl, tinted screen, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Pics

Thanks for the info........ Have any pics?

Comment

I"m a real big fan of the mesh mod, espescially dince you got that huge gap in your fairings. I think i'd look really nice. I'm putting mesh into my kat next week but its a 99 so it'll look different.
        Big fan of painting? come up with your own designs or something and get the fairings airbrushed, you got alot of free space on 89 kats to work with
        1999 Katana 750

Comment

check the thread in my signature and read everything and read every link too in the thread
          Chrome Project Part 1
          http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

It's too red .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I think it's a good looking bike now. My question would be more what is it that you don't like atm that makes you want to change it?

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I love it. I will agree that it's really red. It's been through a couple ditches (prior to me buying her) so needs some bodywork (very minor). I've seen some interesting body mods. I just don't want to jump in til I think it through, females are like that LOL. Anyway, thought I'd ask you experienced kat owners

Comment

Well, there is a huge list of things that you could do depending upon what it is you like/want. That list would range from pretty simple, to pretty indepth mods.

Some of the basics (easier to do items)

Plastic repairs and custom paint. Not just a solid color, but something a little more indepth.
                  Minor plastic modifications (fill all the holes that are unnessasary like the front turn signal holes and use integrated mirror turn signals)
                  Change out the stock rotors for wave rotors ( visual and minor performance upgrades)
                  Change the shape of your front fender
                  Flush mounted undertail with integrated tag and turn signals
                  Rear Tire Hugger with chain gaurd
                  Kick plates
                  Polish (then clear coat) or chrome misc. parts... rear grab bar, forks, bar ends, etc..

And many more... I don't know. Without more info on some of the things you have seen on other bikes that you do like, and some of the things on your bike do you not like..

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

among the mods mentioned, i'd also think about:

*getting the seat covered - it looks like its seen its fair share of bleaching sunlight ($50 max for fabric and supplies if you do it yourself)

*get new grips as those look mighty worn, so they probably aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing which is, of course, making it so that you don't actually have to grip them hard at all ($20 bucks on e-bay)

*this could just be me, but, i'm not a fan of the gold in the rims... i'd get those powdercoated (PM Sasquatch, but I think he charges $100)

*i'd also ditch the b1tch-bar (do you carry anyone with you? if not, maybe ditch the rear seat for a cowl)

*i'd also ditch the tank-bra and go for just a pad instead

=)
                    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Yeah, def getting rid of the tank bra thingy. The tank need some work so when it's finished I'll do something else.

Comment

I agree, I like the way it looks right now. Mesh mod would be cool if you have an accent color to spray paint it that same color. Red would be overboard and not even your seat is black. A slip on exhaust would be cool...

Comment

New exhaust, recover the seats in black, and a smoked windscreen instead of the red one. That's a good start to me
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My avatart is last summer i have a smoked screen. It's been suggested that the mesh mod won't work because of the large open areas of my fairing. I've done a little mod to the rear to get rid of some of that plastic and move my tag. I appreciate all the info. I'm makin my list. I'll tackle all the cheaper, do it your self stuff first. I'm a teacher and only have 19.5 days left then I can get it to it full time.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin Hot 89 View Post
                              19.5 days left then I can get it to it full time.
                              lol... not that you're counting or anything
                              the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                              # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                              [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Working...
                              X