Vintage Kat ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Kat ?

Howdy,
    looking to put center stand on the old girl and see tons of them on e-bay, but not sure of correct fitment for an '82 1000SZ. Anybody know?

Please, no more of the showdowns. I'd just like to know which center stands I can successfully get to work on the 1000SZ.

Also, any suggestions for shock upgrades? Marzocchi or Works?
    Last edited by 1982SZ; 06-21-2012, 12:04 PM.

Originally posted by 1982SZ View Post
    Howdy,
    looking to put center stand on the old girl and see tons of them on e-bay, but not sure of correct fitment for an '82 1000SZ. Anybody know?

Please, no more of the showdowns. I'd just like to know which center stands I can successfully get to work on the 1000SZ.

Also, any suggestions for shock upgrades? Marzocchi or Works?
    I have one for a GS1000SZ... El G
    GSX1000SZ-My Beloved Rat http://photobucket.com/GIABLO-MOTO 714-461-9607 [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giablo View Post
      I have one for a GS1000SZ... El G
      I have a set of Marzocchi Stradas on my 1982 1100 Kat and they work just fine. The seals eventually gave up the ghost but I was able to source a rebuild kit and they are as good as new. They give a much better ride than the original shocks with much improved handling. Centre stands from the 750, 1000 and 1100SZ's will all fit. Hope this helps from a wintery Cape Town in South Africa
      Last edited by Mel Wainwright; 06-26-2012, 03:20 AM. Reason: Addition to my original
      MelWain

Comment

Thanks Mel.

G, if I could afford $80 + shipping i'd try it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1982SZ View Post
          Thanks Mel.

G, if I could afford $80 + shipping i'd try it.
          When you are ready. Let me know. I think, I have two. El G
          GSX1000SZ-My Beloved Rat http://photobucket.com/GIABLO-MOTO 714-461-9607 [email protected]

Comment

Any and all of the gs1100 1980 through 1985 gs1150 center stands will work on your 82 katana chassis. You will need to fab something as a stop for it when its in the up position since you're running aftermarket exhaust. I don't have mine mounted on my 83 gsx750sd but sometimes use it at home instead of a rear end stand by simply putting it in position and shoving a #3 phillips screw driver through as the pivot axle.

I use works shocks on my kat and love the results

hth

Comment

Working...
            X