Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Do I leave the tank green or paint it black?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I leave the tank green or paint it black?

I've been working on this bike for about a month now.I just bought it as a fixer/uper and bought new fairings for it,stripped off the decals and can't decide if I like the tank green or if I want to just go ahead and paint it black also.

The fender and seat cowl are getting painted black this month. The black fairings make the bike look much better than the shaved green ones that it came with.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0L9h8ai7nc"]YouTube - 91 Suzuki Katana 600 winter project bike[/ame]
    Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

The wheels are cool, but the snot green tank and front fender need to be black.

JMHO
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Haha Londob, I don't know I like the green, sorta makes the bike pop. All black is overrated but I'm sure 99% of people on here will tell you to go all black. Or maybe just paint the green a new color.. like red...your call in the end though.

Comment

I like the green because it stands out for a Katana. On the other hand, the black/green combo will look good with a solid black body and tank.
        Last edited by Aaron; 12-19-2008, 12:18 AM.

My 1st bike & 3rd Child: Midnight Blue 2005 Kat 750

(Something for the faster-moving projectile fan in us all:
        http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...4238689A5F27F0 )

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
          Haha Londob, I don't know I like the green, sorta makes the bike pop. All black is overrated but I'm sure 99% of people on here will tell you to go all black. Or maybe just paint the green a new color.. like red...your call in the end though.

yes all black is way over rated but it needs to give you a rush riding it will the green take give you a rush? the rims are popin no matter how you go keep the rims
          DON'T TAZE ME BRO DON'T TAZE ME!!!!

Comment

It reminds me of a Ninja Turtle. But I like the green.. I also love ALL black. Your call, whatever you like best.
            I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
            --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

I'm thinking about painting the tank black and then getting a green flame job done on the body to match the wheels. I have a buddy who does custom paint, so it's no big deal if I have to shoot the tank black also.

Just wanting some opinions at this point... I don't trust my own eyes because I kind of liked the green tank with black fairings. But I also know it'll look good black. Choices,choices!
              Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

Honestly I like it exactly the way it is in the video.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

You should paint it like a ninja turtle, cuz that would just be freaking awesome. And the only one I've seen..
                  I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
                  --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

I like the Green, makes it look like a Kawasaki!

Comment

Looks alright to me. If you do decide to paint the tank, make sure you do the front fender with it. Otherwise it's kinda cool the way it is, different.
                      sigpic
                      1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

The green's neat!
                        Originally posted by katanawarrior
                        I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Everybody will know that is YOUR bike if you leave it green. Paint it black and it blends in with everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrailfreak View Post
                            I'm thinking about painting the tank black and then getting a green flame job done on the body to match the wheels. I have a buddy who does custom paint, so it's no big deal if I have to shoot the tank black also.

Just wanting some opinions at this point... I don't trust my own eyes because I kind of liked the green tank with black fairings. But I also know it'll look good black. Choices,choices!
                            Sounds great!!
                            -
                            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I would mask off and paint some of the tank black at least, so it doesn't look like one of those cars with a red hood, blue fender, purple trunk lid, etc. Make it blend a little bit. Make it look like you intended it to be that way. Leave the wheels, they're cool.

On the plus side, the more black you put on the bike, the faster it will go.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X