Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

'97 Kat 600 Biggest tires for cheapest price?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddy View Post
    a 220? for real? busa's come with 190's.....
    busa's have a 6" rim too not a 3.5, but seriously, I don't know anything

Comment

why so much sarcasm arsenic? Are you mad at life or something?
      Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

no, I'm mad at you, cause you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a nominee for IOTM

Comment

Wow, thanks for proving that a$$holes still exist and are apparently thick where you come from. I used talk highly of this forum, but people like you just bring my outlook on it down. I hope you're happy with yourself. You're like "Ooo, I'm so cool. I think I'll try to ruin someone's day today." Get a life and for once in your life.
          Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Comment

2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
            BMC Notorious 918 HT
            2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Did you miss my post? Dunlop Qualifiers don't come in 220. http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tire...tire.asp?id=92

Are you sure that it wasn't a Dunlop D220? (D220 is a model of tire)

Having a 220 series tire on a kat rim would be horrible. The 200 series tires are designed for a 6" or larger rim. That, and even some 170's rub on the brake arm.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

It could have been that series. The tire was so worn, that it was showing 3 or 4 cords in the center. I just thought the tire looked odd so I glanced at the brand, which was Dunlop, and the size, which was 220/55. I only called them Qualifiers because that's what the guy at the shop I took it to called them when I brought it in to get my new 150/70 put on. So yes, it very well could be that other series, but it was for sure a Dunlop and it was 220/55.

Comment

Originally posted by brentwoodkris View Post
                  It could have been that series. The tire was so worn, that it was showing 3 or 4 cords in the center. I just thought the tire looked odd so I glanced at the brand, which was Dunlop, and the size, which was 220/55. I only called them Qualifiers because that's what the guy at the shop I took it to called them when I brought it in to get my new 150/70 put on. So yes, it very well could be that other series, but it was for sure a Dunlop and it was 220/55.

Repeating the lie does not make it true! If Dunlop made a 220, it would not fit on a Katana.

Last edited by GSXfs600; 10-30-2008, 12:01 PM.

Comment

You can say what you want, I just know what I've already said. Didn't bother too look at more than the brand and the size to compare to stock on here. A buddy gave me another dunlop tire brand new for $50 so I couldn't have cared less about the type of dunlop it was. Sorry if you think I'm not telling the truth. I'll see if I can drudge up some pics from the Craiglist post that I bought it from since those are the only pics I have of the bike so far.

Comment

What I meant was did you get the model (D220) confused with the size. The D220 didn't come in a 220 width tire, either. As a matter of fact, I can't find ANY Dunlop EVER made in a 220. I'd be very interested in seeing those pictures.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

he's gotta photoshop some photo's give him time

Comment

well i found the pix but they really don't show the tire...here's the only proof i have...wish I had a full profile shot of the tire!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I can't read it, but judging by the treads that I can see, it does look to be a Dunlop Qualifier. But the Qualifier never came in 220/55-17. Your choices are....

160/60, 170/60, 180/55, 190/50, 190/55, 200/50

For future reference, none of the above sizes are recommended for use on the katana's 3.5" rim.

Comment

I think theres a little bit of confusion in this thread, a 3.5" rim would fall inside a 220 width tyre & rattle around theres no way it would mount at all you even struggle on a 5.5" rim & its not reccomended anyway as the tyre is pinched well out of shape

so how about we put it down to a genuine mistake & stop flaming the guy ffs theres no need
                              Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
                                I think theres a little bit of confusion in this thread, a 3.5" rim would fall inside a 220 width tyre & rattle around
                                +1, hot dog down a hallway
                                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X