Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nevermind
    I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

sounds like my first down here $75 even bought the tire from them rear off and on balance and disp, oh ya they sell bars for 16 buicks a piece guess what i bought after that rim job last set i had done place in hayward did them think it was only 45 bucks but thats been ten years

Comment

Originally posted by cazualty5 View Post
        sounds like my first down here $75 even bought the tire from them rear off and on balance and disp, oh ya they sell bars for 16 buicks a piece guess what i bought after that rim job last set i had done place in hayward did them think it was only 45 bucks but thats been ten years
        all i got out of that mess was something about a rim job for $45....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
          all i got out of that mess was something about a rim job for $45....
          Thats a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by snewman1209 View Post
            Hey guys... I've been the annoying tire guy around here lately, but this is my time trough the ringer!

I'm in the bay area, ca and just spoke to a recommended mech. and he said he would mount, balance, dispose of new set of tires for $125. Does this sounds fair? He said it would be the same price if I brought him in the tires off the street (online). Note: Id be bringing in the bike, not just the rims.

I see on here that people range $20-$40 per rim if you bring it in, but I dont think Im advanced enough to take off the rear yet!

Take it somewhere else, dude!
            Make calls around and price it. Even 1 hour away from a different shop is a cost savings!
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I just ordered the PR2s for my '03 600 and I called around to get pricing on installation.

I was quoted $72 if I bring in the wheels and $170 if I bring in the bike.

Another place quoted $70 for the front wheel if I bring the bike in and $30 if I bring the wheel.

I actually just paid the local Suzuki dealership $40 just to replace the valve stem on my front wheel and I brought the wheel in.

Am I missing something with pricing or should these prices be much less expensive???
              Extra life.

Comment

I charge $80-$100 ON the BIKE for a set depending on the make model of bike.
                sport bikes are all $40 ea on the bike

$20 ea if you bring in just the rims
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                  I charge $80-$100 ON the BIKE for a set depending on the make model of bike.
                  sport bikes are all $40 ea on the bike

$20 ea if you bring in just the rims
                  How I wish I was in Fort Erie....I read your previous posts on what you charge. I know that you are significantly less than many shops, but is $170 outrageous to bring an '03 600 in to most shops? Or is that about par?
                  Extra life.

Comment

get a set of pry bars and some equal balancing beads. equipped with those two things and you never have to pay anyone to do it again.
                    I stopped using lead weights on my bike rims at least a decade ago.

for motorcycles....

Last edited by Mojoe; 07-31-2012, 03:01 PM.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                      get a set of pry bars and some equal balancing beads. equipped with those two things and you never have to pay anyone to do it again.
                      I stopped using lead weights on my bike rims at least a decade ago.

for motorcycles....

http://www.checkeredflagtires.com/motorcycles.htm
                      +1!
                      Buy some new valve stems when/where you buy your tires and get some tire mounting lube also. The lube is water soluble and makes it much easier and faster to mount and dismount tires.
                      1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
                      1980 Suzuki GS450ET
                      1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Breaking the bead on an older set of touring tires is not easily done with tire irons.
                        chances are your rims are scuffed from prybars and tools used to break the bead.

sure it can be done but most first timers scar the hell out of a rim learning the hard way. Many dont take the time or have the equipment to clean up the rims and have bead leaks.

besides most people bring in their bikes and take advantage of the free break inspection (valve stems if needed) and caliper lube etc.
                        I dont think im ripping anyone off charging $40
                        Last edited by hardlydangerous; 07-31-2012, 04:18 PM.
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

With all this talk about pricing I checked ebay Here you go all in one bead breaker tire changer
                          Ride like it's your last ride
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFury View Post
                            With all this talk about pricing I checked ebay Here you go all in one bead breaker tire changer
                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-H...#ht_776wt_1037
                            Interesting...have you tried this product? I would strongly consider it if you know that it's a good product.

I would pick some mount/demount compound and I requested a quote on those ceramic beads that were mentioned earlier to do the job if I went ahead with it.

Thanks.
                            Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by Surviverguy View Post
                              +1!
                              Buy some new valve stems when/where you buy your tires and get some tire mounting lube also. The lube is water soluble and makes it much easier and faster to mount and dismount tires.
                              The KR Store sells Bridgeport valve stems. Replace them once for the life of the bike.

Katriders.com Suzuki Katana Discussion Forums
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                                The KR Store sells Bridgeport valve stems. Replace them once for the life of the bike.

http://katriders.com/vb/sales.php

plus, not only are these totally trick RIGHT ANGLE stems, but they look awesome also

I have em on my bike!

See My Garage for mods...
                                T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                                Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Working...
                                X