X

'02-'04? GSX-R tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02-'04? GSX-R tires

I have a friend who rides a '02-'04? GSX-R. I want to get him new tires, or at least a new rear tire as a wedding gift (so he can still get away from the wife when needed ). Anybody have suggestions and sizes?

you're asking a GSXR question on a Katana forum? We don't do those I had a 05 750, so I should know this, but I don't

Comment

What size bike? I i remember the 600/750 take a 180 whereas the 1000 uses a 190. Of course it's all down to personall preference. Best bet is to head over for beers one night, and have a look at his tire sizes he's running.

Oh, and BTW she's gonna KILL you if you stroll into the wedding with a couple tires for the gift table. BTW I nominate this as best wedding gift EVER .

Comment

I had a '06 GSX-R 600, and it had a 120/70ZR17 front & 180/55ZR17 rear tire
        Last edited by Mat0302; 02-21-2008, 07:43 PM.
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post

Oh, and BTW she's gonna KILL you if you stroll into the wedding with a couple tires for the gift table. BTW I nominate this as best wedding gift EVER .
          i agree it will top everyone elses gifts

Comment

i found oem sizes for an 03 gsxr600&750 to be 120/70-17, 180/55-17
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
              I had a '06 GSX-R 600, and it had a 120/70-17 front & 180/70-17 rear tire

I am not saying that rear is wrong, but that seems awefull tall for a rear tire. i would have guessed around a 55 series

Also if you know the make and model, you can go to dunlop's site and many other tire manufacturers and it will tell you what fits them. Just like you can do with a cars.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                I am not saying that rear is wrong, but that seems awefull tall for a rear tire. i would have guessed around a 55 series

Also if you know the make and model, you can go to dunlop's site and many other tire manufacturers and it will tell you what fits them. Just like you can do with a cars.
                Yes, it was a 55 series. Editted my previous post
                myspace
                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

thanks

Thanks, I'm hoping I don't get killed by the wife. I think they'll both appreciate it, otherwise I may just go into hiding for a while.

Comment

what's a GSX-R? you mean GSX-Red? i have one of those!
                    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                    X