X

need help with electrics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with electrics

im new here.. a little overwhelmed, and not sure where to post this.. so here goes.. i bought a 95 katana engine and frame, a 600, was a totally smashed up wrecked mangled mess.. gonna be a go kart now.. my question is.. how do i hook up a later model kawasaki tach (speedo says 170mph and tach reads 14 redline.) to this bike.. im not sure which wires from the harness go to the original tach.. any help would be apreciated.. thanks -Matt

edit: to save having two threads.. ill add this.. its hard to get the bike idling fine.. i have to choke it forever.. but eventually it idles fine, is that normal? also, when i give it gas at idle.. it takes a second or to to rev up, and when i let off of it, it idles down but high idles for about 5 seconds then back to normal.. even if i just blip the throttle it revs high for 5 seconds then back down.. air cleaner is clean, looks new. plugs might need to be changed. oil might need a change.. but any help is gladly accepted.. thanks so much -Matt

might want to have the carbs checked. thats where i would start. as for the electrical cant help u there not that far in school yet
    your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Working...
    X