X

'90 600 Tire sizes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '90 600 Tire sizes

Sorry if this questions been asked before, but could somone list/recomend the tire sizes that would fit on a '90 600. Currently it has 110/80B17 & 140/80B17 Dunlop Arrowmax GT501's. I think that they might be the original tires, but either way they definatly need to be replaced.
    I've heard people talk about 120 fronts and 150 rears. Can I mount a 120/70/17 on this rim? I see other brands recomended that somtimes don't have the same exact size that is currently on my bike, and I'm just trying to figure out what my options are. Any help is apreciated. Thanks

Also I'd rather have sticky over longlasting, and I'm on a budget (cheap), so I'm basicaly looking for the cheapest that will still hang good around a corner.

One more thing, I think that my current tires are bias-ply. I can put radials on, I just can't mix the two, right? It doesn't have anything to do with the rims?

Re: '90 600 Tire sizes

Originally posted by linker33
    Can I mount a 120/70/17 on this rim?
    that seems to be the preferred setup along with the 150 rear. there's also a debate about radial tires vs. bias tires. do a search and you'll see what that's all about.

for tire type, the stickiest i've heard of are the michilen pilot powers. i'm not sure what your price range is. what do you normally use your bike for? if it's a daily rider with occasional twisty fun, you might want to go more towards a touring tire. diablo strada, metzler z6, both good tires (basically the same) and they'll last longer while still giving you enough grip when you ride hard.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
    X