X

New to the Kat World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Kat World

Hello all, glad I found this site. I'm new to the Kat world, just traded in an 86 Kawa C10 for my new (to me, 1999 miles) Kat 750, love this bike, wanted a sport tourer with a modern look. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I started with adjusting my chain as it had excessive slack. How does this bike handle with 2 up, this bike is a beast to turn at cruising speed sometimes but not anything I'm not used to. I noticed 2 locks on the seat area, are they to open the seat to access the battery, pretty much just been riding to work and that's about it for now. Its almost 100 degrees out in the south and still well worth the ride, coming from a tall windscreen, the Kat is nice, anyway that's all I have for now, thanks and hope to meet online again, later.
    saltman

Welcome to KatRiders ..
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I suggest you download an owners manual from one of the free or pay manual sites, that will help you out alot. My 1100 Kat steers heavy too and only has one lock for the seat. Is the other lock a helmet lock possibly?
      2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
      2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
      1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
      1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
      1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

It always did great with me and my son riding 2up.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome. Mine did ok for 2 up before I upgraded the shock - now it's awesome.

Your shock is rebuildable, having it serviced and adding in a spring correct for your weight will do wonders.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

10.4 thanks I may have been tripping, now I only see 1 lock, opened it up and surprised at the amount of storage space, thanks for letting me know about the shock servicing/upgrade.
            saltman

Comment

Welcome to KR
              2000 Kat 600

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. Two up is always fun.

Comment

Working...
                X