X

hid headlight question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hid headlight question

i have a post 600 and just installed a set of hids but am having a few problems with them! first off they don't always fire up they buzz alot then fire or go out completely!
    next i just turned on my ignition and noticed my odometer was just a bunch of dashes (-------) and stayed that way!!! is there a common relation between them?
    Thanks
    Dan

just from a basic electronic knowledge, it sounds like you need a relay or diode so the "juice" from the ballast doesnt flow into the rest of the system
    My YouTube Videos
    My motorcyle map!

Comment

Power them through a relay, straight from the battery (or starter relay if you don't want to add another connector to the battery terminal). If they still don't stay steadily lit then you may have a bad ballast.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Is there a site to help me wire a relay?

Comment

About half way down the page there is a diagram for the relay.
          Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

The power required to light HIDs spikes in the moments immediately following ignition. For many bikes, this can be a real problem of the overloaded power feeds back into the relay. As other said, feed directly from the battery, if possible, and make sure you've got a good ground.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
            X